Followers

Friday 20 April 2018

There's a kind of hush...........

all over the house, for now.

Quite simply both Rufus and Herbie are worn out. They have been tearing around the garden and hurtling through the kitchen every now and then, just to see what I am up to. Ben follows them every now and then, he does not like to miss anything, but soon returns to the relative sanity of indoors.

The SO has been turning out the shed and storage lockers, all is now neat and tidy, and has had the incinerator fired up. The rubbish has been burned so there will be no smoke over the weekend.  Hopefully the weather will stay kind and there may well be washing pegged out and/or outdoors activities happening.

I have cast on another sock, Petunia Dursley's Double eyelet Socks a free pattern by Erica Lueder of Dreams in Fiber. I have had the pattern printed out for ages and decided that it was past time that I knitted it. I am using a Crafternoon Treats skein, Think Pink, a blend of 95% Romney Lambswool and 5% fawn Shetland, this is very deep stash indeed.

I do have other things that should be getting my time but, given the lightning bolt called Herbie, I need to be able to abandon my knitting at the drop of a hat, or even a ball or toy. I am not knitting 2 at a time, which is my preferred method as it just tangles up when jettisoned.

I did manage to get some baking done for the freezer this morning. A couple of crunchy top lemon loaves and chocolate sponge rounds, most of which have been cut, wrapped and popped in said freezer. I made a batch of Semolina Shortbread as well, it is ages since I made the recipe and had to look it up. There are many versions but I use Mary Berry's, it never fails.

Dinner will be something with salad, last night we had a pasta dish with a creamy garlic and chicken sauce. It was very garlicky and I made some Garlic bread just to reinforce it. No vampires here.

I will be in Llandeilo next Tuesday, not for knit and Natter unfortunately but in the quilt shop so all is not lost.

On Wednesday Herbie is going to the vet for a once over and will be booked in for neutering.

Then on Friday I will be having the stress test in Morriston hospital, a busy week ahead.

I did a biggish shop yesterday, filled all the gaps in pantry, bathroom and cleaning cupboard. I do this every month or so and then just buy fresh stuff once or twice a week. It suits me and I very rarely run out of anything. I hate the thought of having to go to the shops for 1 item, it is either a waste of petrol or pay through the nose in the village shop, always supposing that they have what I need.

That's it for now, Herbie is flat out beside me and has not even lifted his head. Normally I only have to touch the lap top and he is bouncing all over me.

Rufus is on the floor waiting for his dinner and Ben has claimed the other sofa. It is like the calm before a storm. I will enjoy it while it lasts.

Here's hoping that you all have a great weekend, with lots of lovely Sun.

                            TTFN                                 Pam 







14 comments:

  1. Sounds as if Herbie is part of the family even though he’s only been with you a short time. Lovely day here today and there is washing blowing on the line for the firstvtime this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Herbie settled straight in, by the end of day 1 he could have been here since birth. It helps that Ben loved himat first glance.

      Delete
  2. Never heard of semolina shortbread,will have to look for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just replace some of the flour with semolina, sometimes I do it with cornflour for a very crisp finish. I have used cornmeal when i ran out of semolina, that gives an open texture and is quite crumbly.

      Delete
  3. Outdoor activities have been going on here today. The lawns are mown and the weeds have been sprayed. Just need to get out and do some tidying in the borders now.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I have Herbie I am going to try vinegar as a weed killer. I can remember my Grandfather using it.

      Delete
  4. I hope you have a lovely weekend as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new puppy is adorable. I don't think I could cope with such a bundle of playfulness anymore! He's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He tears around like a mad thing and then falls asleep where he lands, on my feet if I am sitting down.

      Delete
  6. I cannot believe you’ve a beautiful new pup in your life!! Soooo adorable x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is just too gorgeous for words, it was love at first sight.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.