Bread is made, white for a change, and I made a Pizza for dinner and used up odds and ends from the fridge, I made a little extra dough just for that purpose.
I stripped throws and cushion covers from both sofas and they have all been washed and are dry and put away.
Then and only then did I get stitching, a few days ago I dug out some blocks that have been idling around for quite some time. At a guess I would say 3 years and counting, these are almost a quilt top now, and will be before I call it a day.
There will be 7 rows of 6 blocks, they finish at 9 1/2" square, above they are sewn into pairs. Most of these pairs have now been joined into rows.
I sliver trimmed and this is the total waste, I am more than happy with that.
I mentioned the 10" strip that I trimmed off my roll of wadding, well here it is.
I cut it in half, then quarters length ways and then stitched them all together. Then as it was so long still I cut that in half again and here is the last join. From a potential waste I now have a workable quilt back 80" square. Once again I am happy with that, I will probably add another off cut to make it 80" x 90"-100", I keep all my off cuts in a large box under the frame.
My yellow Rose has opened some buds, the scent is intoxicating.
I was amused to see the picture on the compost that I have ready for it's pot
The flash has washed the colour, it is almost the same as the real flower.
Now then, have you met George yet, I can not remember. George is American, he has been living here in the UK for several years now. He is a bit of a couch potato, or should I say Bed Bug as he lolls around there most of the time. He was willing to model the last quilt before it went off to the post office.
That;s all for now.