Followers

Saturday 14 December 2013

How Bluddy Much?

A warm welcome to Hannah Collier who has joined this Motley Crew, it is good to have you with us.

I have really pushed the boat out today. For months I have been debating as to when to replace my sofa, not whether definitely when. Well today was the day, several months ago I found a sofa that I really liked, solid looking but yielding enough to be comfortable without the feeling of sinking into a big marshmallow. It was perfect except that it was black and £gulp, today while idling some time away with a cup of tea I had a little look online and WOO  there was my sofa BUT it was a Deep Chestnut Brown and even better it had been reduced by 50%. I smelled a rat and looked elsewhere, in Black it is still £gulp and the brown is last years colour! Do I care? ooh no. I made a phone call and asked about a matching footstool, the very nice man told me that it was an end of line clearance as that colour would not be repeated, so no footstool. I hummed and haahed and he offered 10% off plus free delivery I pounced. I do not want it until after Christmas, there will be a procession of peeps, children and assorted dogs through here and my new sofa is not going to get that in its first few days. 
Happy happy and as the painting is well underway I am off tomorrow to look at rugs. It's good to save and it's magic to be able to score a bargain because you have saved.

I had an incident yesterday that drove me to get rid of a heap of "stuff", it involved an over full cupboard and bare toes, lots of hopping and a few choice words and 2 ice packs. The stuff has gone most of it had not seen the light of day for over a year.

Reasons to be grateful.

1. The light at the end of the decorating tunnel, first stage is in sight.

2. Ben has had 2 good runs with Greg today and is snoring gently on my feet.

3. We have had sunshine all day.

4. I am being chauffeured out tomorrow, rug shopping.

5. A big pot of Chili is scenting the kitchen.

To celebrate my buy I have been playing in the kitchen, sausage rolls, apple pie and crumble and a tray of Brownies ,oops, 1 for me and the rest for next door.

I am going to clear the decks and settle down with some hand sewing.

                          TTFN                                 Pam



14 comments:

  1. I think having savings is the best way to pick up a bargain which equals more savings! If you see what I mean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see exactly what you mean, I ended up paying less than £300 on a sofa that in black would be over £1000.That makes me feel good, and I will replace that by the end of January, even better.

      Delete
  2. Well done on the great bargain...though I am very distressed you were reduced to accepting last years' fashion colour!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have a little sulk about that myself. I really do not like black leather unless it is a biker jacket or ankle boots.

      Delete
  3. Brownies! Send the brownies here! You temptress, ha ha. Brilliant deal with the sofa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too late, I shared 1 and gave the rest away. I am over the moon with my sofa.

      Delete
  4. Well done! Reminds me of the saying that goes something like"I deserve it, I owe it to myself, and no one is going to cheat me out of it!". That applies to your new sofa...you save on somethings so you have the money for others...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure that I "deserve " it but I certainly need it, mine is definitely saggy and baggy now.

      Delete
  5. Love your "reasons to be grateful", and am thinking about pinching this to add to my blog. Would you mind awfully?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fill your boots!, that means carry on, I "borrowed" it from an old friend.

      Delete
  6. Oooo how lovely! A new sofa:-) I got a new spice rack - discounted too! I am honestly allergic to buying anything full price! Have a look at what I made in the kitchen! Pictures on my blog today xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your creations, love the Reindeer a brilliant idea. I cannot remember the last time that I paid full price for anything except petrol, and I try to fill up at the cheapest place. Much as I love that sofa I would never had paid full price for it.

      Delete
  7. Well done! I love getting a bargain especially if you can persuade people on the phone to give you even more money off something!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.