Followers

Wednesday 11 December 2013

"I Don't Bloody Believe It"

Well today was a rinse and repeat as far as the weather went, foggy, cold and windy. Not so much as a single glimpse of the sun, you know, that round yellow thing in the sky that comes to the UK for a fleeting visit every now and then.

Ben and Greg were walked, three times so far. Greg is fine he is tall enough to avoid the wet grass, Ben has had 3 different coats on today, they help to stop him looking like a wet rug. They are all draped around drying off, dare I say it, ready for tomorrow.

I tootled off to see the Occ Health Nurse, now she has been with us for more than 5 years. I realised today that what she knows about the day to day work in the factory could be written on a pin, the pointy end!

She is of the opinion that there is a job that only involves paperwork and a "bit of filing" and that I should be able to sit, stand or wander around as the need arises. She can not imagine why there isn't a hulk of a man to do all the heavy lifting and moving. She finds it incredible that I have to swing 300Kg through the air on a hoist. 

The mind boggles, well it would if it wasn't in a state of shock. She says that a job to her specification will be offered to me by Friday, I will not hold my breath.

Reasons to be grateful.

1. 2 quilt blocks, 12 1/2" unfinished done and ready to go off to the US.

2. My savings challenge account is opened with a £50 deposit.

3. Ben is snuggled up beside me snoring gently.

4. A long chatty phone call from Francesca this lunch time.

5. A tutorial on different ideas for sashing quilt blocks from The Missouri Quilt Co has inspired me.

It is the little things that make my day, someone holding the door open. A cheery "good morning" from a stranger. A shop assistant who knows her stock, and is not afraid to say "I am so sorry but we do not have that today" rather than waste 20 minutes looking in vain. That is how long 3 of us stood in a shop while the assistant searched for an item, only to be told that the item was listed next to the Till as out of stock.

Courtesy, kindness and politeness cost nothing and brighten up the day. I read a blog post recently, one that I usually enjoy. Most of the post was spent putting people down because of what they did to improve their lot. It was a bit of a back stabber.
 I picked up on several of the bloggers referred to and it made me uncomfortable.
I am sure that I was in there, fine, I do not preach that my way is THE way. I read a mixture of blog types and don't have to agree with everything that I read. BUT it is not my place to agree or otherwise. I write my blog my way and those who don't like it can do the other. And I mean that most sincerely folks. Sometimes I feel that I am being encouraged to behave in a particular way whether I need to or not.

I do not need to live on £2 a day, I do mostly. I do not have debt to pay off, I never got into debt. My Grannies mantra was " Never a lender or a borrower be" I have seen her make up a food parcel for someone who asked to borrow money, and it was always a gift. I remember my uncle asking to borrow a fiver. Her response was to give him the money and she told him not to give it back but to keep it safe till he needed to "borrow it next time"

I don't have to buy RTC food, I do as I find it hard to miss a bargain. But I will happily cook 20p a Kilo parsnips and serve alongside a Ribeye Beef Roast.

Live and let live, If you can not find something pleasant to say then keep it buttoned and go and have a cold shower. I left a snippy comment but it wasn't published, hmmm am I surprised, is the Pope Catholic, Does the Bear ..... go in the woods? I have never managed to fathom out what pleasure can be got from setting out to hurt deliberately.

enough already, soap box put away.

              TTFN                                       Pam

13 comments:

  1. I have a feeling this is the same person I wrote about recently........I still read the blog, skip over the preachy bits.

    I will be interested in what job you get offered.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stand by for a good chuckle, I am ready to "do the dying fly"

      Delete
  2. After a foggy start we had lovely sunshine here all day. I wasn't expecting it so hadn't done the load of washing that I could have done! Grrrrr.

    Will you want the job if they do offer you one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes you sick doesn't it, I hate it when I miss a drying day. That will be a big fat NO. Even if I wanted to go back I would never take a "nothing job". I am never going to be a gofor.

      Delete
  3. Pam, I completely agree with you. I didnt read that post, in fact I may not even follow the blogger in question but I dont think anyone should judge anyone else and yes, if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all. I like to read all kinds of blogs but I dont want to be preached at.XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't mind a bit of preaching, it is the "behind the back" attitude that annoys me. If I have something to say I say it face to face and hope that who ever may have issues with me will be as forthcoming. In blog land it is different, what we write should nor seek to undermine or ridicule another. If you can not allow others to have their own opinion and hate what they write then don't read it.

      Delete
  4. Well said ....
    Lets hope the rain stops for a bit ... miserable the damp dreary stuff.

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our rain stopped and by 9.00 last night it was as clear as a bell and freezing, still the same at 6.30 this morning. I took Ben out an hour later and oh boy, foggy bottom, top and middle.

      Delete
  5. Quite right Pam!

    Saving money where possible is never a bad thing and to be encouraged, but if you've worked hard to get yourself into a position where you can enjoy a Ribeye Beef Roast occasionally, then you deserve it.

    Nobody has the right to criticise you. Indeed it just makes you wonder if their post smacks of jealousy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind a bit of constructive criticism, I am far from perfect. I am what I am, if anyone has something to say then say it to me and instead of a question about my choices have an alternative or an answer.

      Delete
  6. hello Pam i have received your gifts, first thank you, i can not send E-Mail to you, i mail you when i open the parcel Happy Christmas time and thank you Christin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think people sometimes just have to take out their jealousy and bitterness out on someone. I don't mind a small rant - I enjoy having one myself on occasion, but criticising someone on their blog is out of order. Ignore. Keep on keepin' on, Pam Lx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no option but to keep on being me, A leopard can not change its spots, even with the latest miracle cream ( that I wouldn't buy even if I could afford it) I am what I am, a product of a line of strong, shall we say "pig headed" women and if not proud of it then certainly thankful.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.