Followers

Tuesday 13 November 2018

Weather unpredictable.

The sun was shining from a clear blue sky when I walked Ben and Herbie first thing. Hip Hip Hooray, I thought.

Upon my return home I threw a load into the washing machine only to watch as the sky blackened and it hammered down with rain.

Hey ho, such is life, I am not going to fuss about something that I have no control over. Think calming thoughts is today's mantra.

Ooh Er! that has gone out of the window, big time.

I was just interrupted by a knock at the door. A friend has just handed me 2 bags of fabric scraps and off cuts for my donated quilts. Deep joy, let the pressing commence, quite soon. First I have a little gentle sewing to do.

How quickly things can change the mood, I have gone from being relaxed as in almost horizontal to bolt upright and almost quivering with eagerness to get stuck in.
BUT.

I will take my time before jumping in, I have some planned sewing and will do that during the day. It is just a set of cushion covers for W, I want to use a concealed zipper in the back, mainly because it is an age since I used that closure.

On that note I better close this and get started. The sooner started the sooner finished.


                            TTFN                                     Pam

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely friend...even if she did inadvertently snatch you out of your relaxed state!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a good friend, I have known her for many years. She used to have a fabric shop and I would visit every time that I came to Wales. Now she lives just a couple of minutes from me and has an Etsy shop.

      Delete
  2. Happy sewing day. Just the kind of day weatherwise for a little indoor activity.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send the rain to Southern CA. More smoke billowing in the distant skies. We need moisture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been looking online to see if anyone has put a call out for quilts. I have contributed a few times for past disasters.

      Delete
  4. I would be just like you, just itching to dive into those scraps!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is glorious just hauling handfuls of fabrics out and looking through them.

      Delete
  5. As previously posted what a lovely friend. I was going through my scraps today and putting them out ready to cut in the next few days. Have fun with your sewing plans.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making a quilt to a pattern but the freedom of a acrappy quilt it wonderful.

      Delete
  6. Hope it was a good day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice friend to drop off such useful goodies.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.