Followers

Thursday 18 June 2020

Many thanks

Thankyou so much for all the good wishes for Michael. He got through the appointment and treatment but there may be another op later, it has been suggested that a bone graft may take place.

The weather has been all over the show, pounding rain, blazing sun, strong winds and total calm with a smattering of mist and fog. At least there has not been any white stuff.

The grass is approaching hay length but I am not bothered. I can always strim it before mowing.

The veg garden is romping ahead in some places and falling behind in others.

The sock knitting is going well and the floof for Francesca's sweater has arrived, bliss, pure bliss, it's like touching a warm cloud.
I ordered it from itsastitchupyarn and the service was brilliant. I realised that I had not oredered enough so messaged Suzie. She instantly told me to order another and she would refund the extra postage, which by the way was for the complete order not just 1 skein. It arrived yesterday, that's just 3 days delivery time.
I will certainly use the shop again and will check it out on a regular basis, I don't want to miss anything.

I have my eye on a new teapot, not a specific one, with an infuser. There is a famous make that has a French Press, very nice but I am not a fan of transparent pots. I will mull it over and whatever I decide upon will go on my wish list. 
I am under orders to replenish it after my birthday gifts emptied it.
I do like a surprise as long as it is well considered, Francesca knows my taste but likes a list to chose from as does Michael.

People that I gift to like anything that I knit, sew or crochet. That is very good for me as I am never without something lovely to work on.

Good loose leaf tea, Assam in particular is always on my list, along with coffee beans. I have gone completely away from tea bags and instant coffee. I have the coffee filter machine and a French Press and 2 different size tea leaf infusers. The only issue with the latter is that they are very hot to handle once the tea has brewed. Sugar tongs are rather short for removing them from the pot. 

At the moment it is raining quite hard, Revi has just galloped outside so I need to grab a dog towel

I am still mulling over the hoover situation, I will make my mind up soon.

Stay safe.

                            TTFN                                   Pam





3 comments:

  1. I dry out my coffee filters and then use them in the bottom of plant pots, stops the soil falling out and allows the water to run free, but it does hold a small amount of water. I don't drink instant coffee, and hubby has just 1 tea bag a day, I have an infusion tea pot, which once the supply of tea bags are gone we will get loose tea, hubby drinks Lady grey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the treatment went well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am a fan of loose leaf tea. Can't beat a good cuppa!
    Warmest wishes
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.