Followers

Thursday 14 November 2013

All Quiet in the East

Nothing happening here today except the meds, dreadful night, I begin to understand the stories of people who cut body parts off with pen knives.
Having said that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and if you can feel the pain you know that you are alive.
I am in the lucky minority who can get medication, easily and either cheaply or free. I do not have to drag myself to work and stumble through the day to feed myself, and my family.
if I never work again I will not go without because I made provision for getting older.
I also made some cinnamon toast this morning, sugar helps, and it is disgusting. That is the aftertaste of drugs I suppose. Oh well the silver lining is, toast in the bin not on the hips!
I had planned to make Sweet tomato pickle to Karen from Chelmarsh Chunterings but that will keep. My sewing will still be there waiting, 
I have tea and a few books, I have my craft mags to flick through and Ben snuggled at my side. I am warm and in reach of enough food to withstand a siege.
That is more than many people have this morning.

Reasons to be grateful.

1. A warm fuzzy feeling washing the pain away. Free.

2. Everything that I could possibly need or want, within easy reach.

3. My faithful,loving Ben beside me.

4. Some hand sewing if I need to create.

5. A friend to walk Ben and replenish my tea when needed.

Now I feel a little doze coming on.     TTFN                Pam

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are in pain. And thankful you can take medication to ease it! Hope you have a quiet peaceful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you're feeling better soon. Pain can be so wearying-glad you have meds to help you through. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling a bit better this evening ... take it easy ... jam will be ther for you to make in a day or two.

    Hugs x Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are feeling better again and back to full fitness soon. Keep warm and we look forward to your creations again soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you one and all, I have been to see the chief torturer AKA the physiotherapist. Once I could breathe again I am feeling OK.Pam

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.