Followers

Wednesday 9 November 2016

Sitting 'N Knittting

I have kept up the good work with lots of rest, and still managed to potter a little.
Lots of chatty visits with friends and neighbours and confirmation from one friends (retired Doctor) hubby that I am doing exactly the right thing. he did however suggest that when I have to go upstairs I should have a few minutes sit down before coming back down. Just to give my heart the chance to slow a little, mmmmmm. Whir, crunch, grind ( thinking don't you know) Lightbulb moment, have some knitting on bedside cabinet and do a little every time.

Now, my bathroom is upstairs and I drink quite a lot of "almost tea" and water through the day. Soooo a WIP is now, albeit slowly,  growing nicely.

On Monday I was whisked out for a little trip, just into Ammanford, a quick visit to Wilco's (parking right outside so no walking) and then a slow slope round Tesco, again we parked close to the doors, any nearer and we would have been by the tills.

I bought some fruit and snapped up some Lamb neck fillets for less than half price. I see Tagine and Oggies in my near future.

We had lunch on the way back, a lovely surprise treat, but I ate far too much. In fact it was 7:30 before I could think about food, much too late to cook even a "ding dinner". I considered poached eggs on toast but even that was too much effort. In the end I had dish of muesli, I mix my own as commercial blends are too sweet for me, made with Almond dream oooooh that is so good.

I was in bed by 10:30 and to my shock and surprise did not wake until 8:15 the next morning. I felt wonderfully refreshed and as a Brucie Bonus it was not a very sweaty night.

Tuesday started late and slowly, Ben was reluctant to get up but managed it by 9:00, by which time I was ready to take him out. We did the slow walk with a rest, and a chat, at roughly the mid point.

I got the second sock cast on and have just finished the heel and gusset and done 4 rounds of the foot. I should tell you that these are Boot socks in Aran weight wool and nylon blend. This yarn has been in my stash for a few years, so long that I can not remember where I found it. Possibly it was from a shop closure in Lincolnshire, I really have no recollection at all.

I found a pattern online and, after knitting a swatch for gauge and making a few adjustments, am on my 6th pair. They knit up fast and are very warm, and comfy, to wear. I hope to work out some leg shaping and make a pair for welly boot wearing.
After my long night's sleep I was a bit put out to find myself nodding off at 9:00 and threw in the towel and got into bed by half past.
Not such a good night, sweaty and sticky, tossing and turning. I gave up at 3:00 and washed and put clean pj's on before coming down and making a brew. I had to strip the bed, luckily my mattress protector is a good one but that is in the washing machine as well.
No probs, I will finish the second sock and choose a pattern to cast on next. 
I did not make it to Knit and Natter, the rain swept down over the Morriston Mountain so I stayed in the warm and dry. I will try to get there during the next couple of days.

You will possibly have noticed that there has been no mention of strictly, I am speechless.

I am also thirsty so another brew is required. Then I will have a look on You Tube for a pod cast to watch while I get on with the sock.

                    TTFN                                                    Pam

PS, Sad news to hear that Jimmy Young has left us. As my Granny would have said "he had a good Innings though".





3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are able to get out for a little while and that you are following Doctors orders with the stairs. I do wonder how much longer our (beloved) politician can last, it really is making a mockery of the what is supposed to be a dance show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, I am pleased that you are recovering albeit slowly. Slow, but sure wins the race. Take care.

    Joan (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what's the recipe today Jim, we will all miss him, I loved his lunch time show, pre Jeremy Vine. Glad to hear you are getting there.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.