Followers

Wednesday 30 November 2016

Work, Rest, PLAY

I had my day of working, and although I thought that I took it easy I had to follow it with a day of rest.
Then yesterday was time to play. It had nothing to do with the fact that it was Tuesday and Knit and Natter. Of course not, it had EVERYTHING to do with it.

I had a reasonably lazy morning, 2 walks for Ben, a load of washing out in the sunshine and just enough knitting to get the green/white Aran socks to the same point. I knitted them in tandem and wanted to get round the heel and finish the decreases, just straight down to the toes.
I managed that and took myself off to Debs shop for some overdue R & R.
One of our group is booked in for a C Section next week and she brought cake in, oh yum, it was chocolate, double yum.

I have been longing for a ring style row counter for a while, I cannot use the needle mounted ones as I just forget about them.

When I mentioned that I was instantly given one to try, the lovely lady had bought it and did not like it. OH MY, I tried it out and Bingo! I love it.

Even with the amount of Nattering that I did I still managed to finish one sock and make progress on the other, I finished it last night after dinner.

I cast on a rib hat in some light blue Aran from stash, just 96 sts on a 5mm 40cm circular. I will knit a simple K2 P2 rib until it is long enough and then do a 4 round decrease before finishing off.
Easy knitting and fast growing, an hour of telly and I was well on the way.
This is a try out for my Stash Busting Project, I hope to use as many odd balls and remnants of balls as I can while knitting hats, mittens and scarves. These will to a charity that clothes those who are in need.
One of my friends, and her hubby, regularly put the time in to collect clothing and then deliver it to their church. From there it goes to the people who need it.

I envisage lots of happy knitting time ahead. Not to mention making space on the yarn shelves.

I was tired after my afternoon out though and was nodding off on the sofa so toddled off to bed quite early.

This morning I was up and about by 6:30, a bit later than usual, and feeling good. My time out did me the world of good, better than any medicine.

Ben has had his walk and his breakfast, he is now settled on the sofa making little snuffly noises.
I had my porridge, with a dollop of marmalade again, and am about ready for another cuppa.

No washing today, just a little ironing that may or may not get touched today.
Dinner will be a vaguely Moroccan Vegetable Tagine with Brown Rice and Quinoa. 

I am off to put the kettle on, enjoy your day where ever you are.

                         TTFN                                       Pam


4 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed your Knit and Natter session Pam.
    Sounds like you have some gorgeous stuff going on on your needles-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me want to hang a load of wash out in the sunshine! Sure wish I understood all your knitting terminology...sure wish I could knit! It is fun to read about your knitting anyhow. Hope you're having a good day! Henny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely time that did you a lot of good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm knitting a hat for Miss 22 in the round! It's a p2 k2 rib but I used tricksy wool and I'm on small needles according to the pattern. Next time, I'm pulling rank and I'm getting out my fattest needles!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.