Followers

Wednesday 18 July 2018

I Eat my Words.

I got to the ribbing on the new socks last night. I had recently watched the Bakery Bears latest episode and Kay was knitting her first pair of short socks. She used 1 x 1 twisted rib for more stretchyness, now I do not enjoy knitting rib. 
I would rather get on my knees and scrub floors.

I found myself emulating Kay anddddddd enjoying it!!!!

The neatness, the stretch factor, the look. It may well become my go to rib for everything.

having said that I have had reason to eat my words this morning.


I will NOT be buying any more PDF patterns no matter how much I want them.
 I am not keen on stretch clothes, that extra "cake room" is far too dangerous.

Well, the road to hell may be paved with good intentions.

I was reading the latest post from Jo at Three stories high. 

She has made a simple stretch top.

I want it.

She used a pdf pattern.

I now have that pattern, before the week is over I may just have a stretch top, or 2, or maybe 3.

Those words are a bit chewy, I might need custard to swoosh them down with. After all custard makes everything better.

On that humble note I am off to put the kettle on.

The things that custard fails on are mostly sorted with a cuppa.


                         TTFN                                      Pam


11 comments:

  1. Totally agree custard goes with any sort of humble pie or in fact pie in general. Hope your journey into another PDF works out better this time. Jo makes some lovely things doesn't she I'm off to investigate this latest make over at Jo's now.

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy the visit. I have just had quick look at your baby cardigan, it is perfect for my next cast on.

      Delete
  2. The tops sound lovely, as does the stretchy rib. Sometimes I try things and I like and sometimes I try things and don't like, but I have to try to find out!

    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always ready to hold my hand up when I have to. If you don't try you could miss out on something amazing.

      Delete
  3. It's great when you find an alternative way to do things you don't like doing. I dislike doing those facings where you have to sew the facings separately and then add them to the garment. Not no more since I watched a great video on You Tube.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hardly ever use facings as I like to my makes, I wouldn't mind watching that video though.

      Delete
  4. We all break our own rules, I was not going to buy any new clothes, but yesterday I fell off the wagon, lovely reduced pair of trousers. Oh well we are only human.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha-as I always say to people-my faults are many; not owning up to them is not one of them. Looking forward to seeing what you make-as always. Isn’t Sheila’s needle holder brilliant?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You Tube has a lot to answer for in my craft stash... At least I am no longer Amazons best customer for books

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are speaking a foreign language when it comes to knitting patterns etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess one should never say never. I hope your stretch tops turn out well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.