Followers

Tuesday 25 April 2017

What a greedy girl.

I am quite embarrassed to show all my finds from Wonderwool, but here goes.

First on my list was Owl About yarn, it was lovely to see Zoe, from the Pins and Needles podcast, wearing her posh dress that she showed in the making.



I bought these lovelies as planned, stitch markers and had a good look at the yarn. It was all very tasty but I wanted to have a good look round before deciding what to buy.



My next port of call was Rosies Moments, I have bought yarn from her a couple of times and found two beautiful skeins of silky soft 4ply yarn there, and a little tin of plain round stitch markers.



The shine is the tin of markers, it would not photograph at all.


Then, after a good wander round I spotted these, on Moonlight Yarns stall. The multicoloured yarn had been knitted up into a shawl pattern and it literally stopped me in my tracks. It is called
Spatterdashette and is a paid for pattern on Ravelry, it is safely in my library now. It is a 2 skein pattern and I am going to knit the body of the shawl in the pale blue and the boarder in the patterned yarn but make it at least twice as deep.




More walking and looking, touching and maybe some drooling and I ended up here, Weavers Loft.


These are destined to be a shawl, the pattern is as yet undecided.




My companion and I were having a good look at all the yarns and she spotted these sock starter packs. well seeing her find just what she wanted made me get a bit closer and the lovely ladies made a mix of just the colours that I loved. I am not sure if they will be stripey socks or stripes in a garment, at 25 gs each there is plenty to play with.

We decided that it was time for lunch and started to wind our way through the halls, of course there were a few stops along the way. Then we spotted Blackbird Yarns, a long stall piled high with  Drops yarns.



I bought 200 grams of each of these colours. (After lunch we made our way back and I cleared the stall of the rest in both colours.)



200 grams of this pale yellow, almost Primrose, went into my bag, another shawl pattern.


By now I was on a roll and just went for it.


100 grams of this for socks for the SO. He does like bright colours.


This little lot is also for a shawl, The Arabian Nights, a free pattern from Drops, I saw it as a kit on another stall but it was £16, these 4 cost me £8:40. Bargain.

I did not spend all my cash, I could have spent 5 times and more quite easily but taking into consideration the stash I probably bought twice as much as I should have. 

But it is only yarn, it won't make me fat or drunk. It will give me loads of pleasure when I turn it into lovely things, many of which are destined to be gifts, and subsequently give pleasure to the recipients.

I know that I do not need to justify my actions but I like to make my plans clear. I hear too many podcasters saying how naughty they have been when showing all their purchases. I don't feel naughty just a bit greedy. I have no intentions of putting myself through the wringer, if I couldn't afford it I wouldn't have bought it. Simples.

On a different note I have a rotten sore throat and the start of a head cold, Boo Hiss.

On a better note Rufus is having a sleep over, he has started early and is snoring his head off on the sofa right now, as his owner left for Cardiff  at lunch time and will not be back until 12:00ish.

On a slightly shocking note we walked both the dogs this afternoon and out of a sunny, blue sky it rained and then snowed. The minute we got back I scooped the washing off the line and not a moment too soon as we had a ferocious hail storm, I half wondered if the windows would break.

Now I am going to drink my tea before it goes cold and settle down with my knitting.
I have earned a sit down, as well as 2 loads of washing done, dried and put away I made bread and a batch of marmalade today.

                  TTFN                                              Pam

33 comments:

  1. wow, great buys, I have yarn envy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suffer with that almost every time that I look at a podcast. I just sit on my hands so I can't swoop off to buy more yarn.

      Delete
  2. Colourful, soft, beautiful yrn-looks good enough to eat! My DH and I have had a setious talk about money today and like you, we don't spend what we don't have. However, he says, quite truthfully, that I have become afraid of spending on myself. He's right and i think I may have a few chosen purchases of my own soon which will hopefully bring pleasure to myself and others. Glad you had such a fruitful day and in good company. Happy knitting. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apart from yarn I find it difficult to spend money on myself, and most of what I knit is for others.

      Delete
  3. What fun! The yarns you came away with are all gorgeous (I particularly like the blue/grey with some purple specks in the 2nd picture. I like your attitude of not feeling naughty, but perhaps a bit greedy. We all get that way sometimes -- particularly at a festival. Looks like your visit was a huge success! Sorry you are now not feeling as well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such fun matching the lovely yarns with my pattern list, I did make a list and took it with me.

      Delete
  4. What lovely LOVELY goodies - and I don't blame you ONE BIT. It's legal, not bad for your innards, and gives everyone pleasure. That's GOOD in my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a really good time and if I had bought everything that I liked I would have needed a van to bring it home. I did show remarkable restraint and din't spend out.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful yarns! I think you should get what you want and enjoy yourself! Hope you feel better soon, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were so many drop dead gorgeous yarns to ogle. I could have spent so much more but had to keep thinking about the stash, and how much room I had.

      Delete
  6. I love the selection of yarns you bought, I hope you get lots of pleasure from them an look forward to seeing what you make

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am itching to get some on the needles but have a sweater to finish first.

      Delete
  7. Looks like you made some fabulous purchases. I like them all but especially the Drops Cotton Merino, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought that almost on impulse, but have 2 patterns ready for it all. The trouble is that I have enough for a colour work something and am torn on what to make.

      Delete
  8. Wow, what a wonderful haul and no chance of you getting up to mischief for months I would say. I particularly like the moonlight and the Weavers Loft yarns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am set now for hours and hours of pleasure, let the weather do what it likes.

      Delete
  9. I don't knit and I haven't crocheted in years, but I too am having yarn envy. They are all so lovely, lovely, lovely! Can't wait to see what you make with them. The soft yellow made me think of a receiving blanket or shaw for a baby. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a very pretty shade, I bought it for a shawl but my friends little girl has just the colouring to look great in it.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful yarn, I can see some wonderful gifts. You did very well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still excited about it a week on.

      Delete
  11. The yarn is gorgeous!
    I hope you post your projects as you go along.
    I enjoy seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely stash replenishes which will all be turned into beautiful things. You've got some gorgeous skeins there. Are you familiar with brioche knitting? Such as: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/wren-brioche-scarf
    Hope you're sore throat is temporary and doesn't turn into anything nasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brioche is on my list, I have the desire to make at least one Stephen West creation. I will check the link out, many thanks.

      Delete
  13. Oh my word what a fabulous stash of loveliness.
    The bottom yarn on the fourth photo would go beautifully with some fabric I bought yesterday...what a pity I am a rubbish knitter.
    Can't wait to see all of your finished projects-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was exactly like a child in a sweetie shop to start with, just looking at all the colours with eyes like saucers.

      Delete
  14. You don't have to justify your purchases, but you are leading me astray ;) I have more than enough wool, so I have to focus on finishing playing, sorry, plying what I've got stashed, lol.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The temptation is so strong that sometimes I have to sit on my hands when looking at others makes on podcasts.

      Delete
  15. What a delightful haul, it is so nice to have a day out and treat yourself occasionally. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. We had snow yesterday too, it is so strange the weather is worse now in the Spring than what we had all Winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had more snow, hail and hot hot sun in the past few days.

      Delete
  16. The yarn is so wonderful. You picked such vibrant colors. If I had to have a vice it would be knitting, but my hands can't do it. I love the two skeins from Moonlit. They will make a wonderful shawl. Congrats on such great purchases. Take care of yourself and get over that cold. It's a balmy 20C here, but the wind is gusting 16-25Knots. Dogs don't like the wind and are waiting for me to lie down and take my nap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just working through my sweater and then will be diving into my haul, the patterns are ready.

      Delete
  17. Hi. I have just found your blog and love seeing what you got at your festival. I am heading to the Maryland (USA) sheep and wool festival this weekend so seeing your haul got me even more excited😀 I am a knitter, spinner, and weaver. I look forward to enjoying your blog😃

    Margaret in Maryland

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.