Followers

Thursday 4 January 2018

Buried Treasure

It was buried, then I was looking for something and found a long forgotten project.
It must be almost 2 1/2 years since  bought fabric to make an Autumnal quilt, got the basic construction done and then got totally side tracked.

Last night I pressed all the started blocks and am now in the process of trimming them to 5" squares.


This is how I see the finished block, but there is plenty of time for a change of mind.


This lot has been trimmed, that yellow is a rich gold, no idea why it has come out as a pastel.


There are 70 x 4 patch blocks to be trimmed and then I have to think about sashing, yes or no. Then whether or not to add a border, at the moment I have to check through the stash as I do not want to buy fabric. 

We had high winds and driving rain overnight, the rain has gone but the wind is still howling through the trees.

Neither Ben nor Rufus cared one jot, they still had their walks. A particularly strong gust did lift Ben off the ground at one point but he didn't even seem to notice.

I spotted, on a blog that I now can not remember the name of, that the Cedar Cove books were turned into a TV series and are available if you search. BUT not for long Series 1, Episode 1 will disappear on the 16th of the month. 
It is good knitting or crochet telly, you don't have to keep your eyes glued to the screen.

I also watched Tom Kerridge, he has a new book out telling us how to lose weight for good.
He has gathered together a "fat club" of locals and is providing recipes and support.
As he has shed 12 stone on his plan I thought that it was worth watching. He says that he did it by cutting carbs and booze.  The recipes that he cooked last night looked delicious and although I will not be rushing out to buy the book I will watch the series.

It certainly kept my hands well away from the nibbles and they  stayed with my knitting.

There is nothing much else to say, I will have to shop at some point over the weekend but only for milk, fruit and veg. A quick trip to 
Pontardawe will see that sorted.

I think that it is time for a cuppa and possibly a little sandwich.

                    TTFN                                              Pam








2 comments:

  1. We have warmed up considerably from our below normal temperatures, but it is still nice to stay put and not go out on a blustery day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that somewhere I have two UFO's that need to be added to the box I now have dedicated to them but they are both Christmas quilts and I i'm not sure I want to tackle them just yet.

    The wind is getting up again here and the rain is thrashing down so it's a good day to be in and sorting out.

    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.