Followers

Monday 15 January 2018

Oopsadaisy, a near disaster.

I was in the sewing room, yesterday evening, wrestling with the printer. It just refused to print one page of a download. When I stepped back and the ironing board collapsed upon me.

It is a write off, dead, kaput, a bit like the Parrot sketch from Monty Python.

I am not too concerned as it was getting on a bit    but   resting on it were 1, the overlocker. 2, the laptop. 3, my pile of patterns and fabrics from yesterdays post.

Luckily the S O was with me and leaped to the rescue, I removed the offending board and he launched the salvage mission.

All is well, so far. He is at this very moment threading up the overlocker (with the grey thread for my skirt) and then will try it out. Fingers crossed that it all works, I can overlock on the big Janome but it is not as good as the real thing.

I cannot find a grey zip, I know that there are at least 3 somewhere, that will be over that rainbow! I refuse to buy another, apart from the cost I would have to drive out to Carmarthen and then not be certain of getting the right colour.

So in the interests of time and cash economy I will use black, as i use the lapped insertion method it will not show (although a bright red one that shows might be cool).

I will have to get a replacement board but that can wait till Wednesday when I do the hospital run. The ironing basket is empty and I can use a small table top board for the seam pressing in the mean time.

I am off now to take Rufus for a delayed walk, rain prevented the normal time but it has stopped now.

               TTFN                                                 Pam

Hip Hip Hooray, it is working like a dream as opposed to a nightmare!!



17 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're OK - it must have been a fair old thump.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so shocked that I left the floor.

      Delete
  2. I am glad you are fine. I do hope your serger (overlock) works after its tumble.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is fine thank you. better than before as it had a good clean.

      Delete
  3. That could have been nasty....glad you're OK and that your overlocker works.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to replace the board with a smaller one I think.
      A little more floor space would be great.

      Delete
  4. Good news that all is well, that could have been nasty. Here's hoping that you now find the grey zip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I did, after the skirt was completed and hanging up. I must have picked the grey ones up and put them back as I was looking.

      Delete
  5. Oh dear what a close shave. Glad there was not too much harm done. Hope you enjoyed your walk. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my walks and when the weather is just too bad I get a little touch of cabin fever.

      Delete
  6. A true sewer! Never mind about me- CHECK THE MACHINE!!! I'm so glad all was well in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are fine after the mishap. I have broken several ironing boards in the same way! I now have a really robust one that is very long and has a safety ball to keep it from collapsing. I also have a fold downtable that I am supposed to use after promising I would not use the ironing board any more-oops. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I was planning on a smaller one, now I want to look for one like yours.

      Delete
  8. Glad to hear that you're okay and that everything's still working. Things like that are so easily done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the only real thing that annoys me is that it was supposed to be the "be all and end all" of ironing boards.

      Delete
  9. Hope nothing was broken and that includes you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.