Followers

Tuesday 16 October 2018

Knitting and Dancing.



I have finished Francesca,s Wild Orchid socks, that is 4 pairs towards her Christmas bundle. Once my hands had adjusted to the commercial yarn they were a breeze. I watched so much Strictly that my eyes ached from all the glitter, never mind the Oompa Loompa tans. It was good to have this  subtle yarn to glance at every now and then.




I did cast another pair straight on, this time a pair of house socks in a sparkly  Christmas yarn. This King Cole dk Glitz in the colourway Christmas has been in the stash for about 2 years. It was always going to be house socks and the SO has a pair tucked away as well. It is 97% premium acrylic and 3% polyester so not sock yarn at all but it will be fine for wearing around the house in slippers.



It is very glittery so perfect for Strictly Socks, I took this about 15 minutes after casting on and by bed time had started the gusset increases, they will be off the needles very soon.
I have yet to decide upon the yarn for the next 2 pairs, the bundle will have 7 pairs.

The Roasted Cauliflower Cheesecake was okay, the SO loved it but I will be tweaking the recipe quite considerably if I make it again. I did a small stir fry of peppers and sugar snap peas and that was really tasty.

Tonight,s dinner will be pasta in a veggy sauce with garlic mushrooms, I am looking forward to that.

In a little recap on my gadget post I have been experimenting with the air fryer. I had a look at a Facebook site dedicated to sharing air fryer ideas and recipes and tried jacket potatoes. In the interest of fair play I  cooked 1 white and 1 sweet potato, both came out very well. The white one was smaller as they take longer to cook, it was perfect with crispy skin and a fluffy middle. The sweet one was also meltingly tender but the skins do not go crisp, I did rub a little fry light on them and then add a sprinkle of salt.

Unless the big oven is on for something this is how I will be cooking Jacket Potatoes from now on. I put them on the highest setting for 30 minutes, I did prick the skins and made sure that the sweet potato was only pricked on the uppermost side as they do weep and make an infernal mess.

It decided to start to rain just as I was returning from the first dog walk, if it builds up I will not be going out at 10.30. The forecast is that it will clear later so Rufus and Herbie can have an afternoon walk.
Maybe.
Perhaps.
We all know how accurate the prediction were over the past few days.

Today I must make my hot date with the iron, there is a considerable stack to get though. I also have some fabric strips to get pressed, there are some blocks that only need another strip or 2. That will be a gift quilt at some point, I saved all the smaller strips as I trimmed to size so there will be some almost matching cushions.

That is as far as I can think without another cuppa, sooooooo I will be back on the morrow, all being well.

                             TTFN                                       Pam.



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful socks, Fran's a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves all things woolly and is very knit worthy.

      Delete
  2. That Christmas just makes me wish I was a knitter Pam.

    I'll wait for your tweaking of the cauliflower cheesecake then as it does sound like something we would like.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was too bland for me, I am going to try some blue cheese and herbs in the next version.

      Delete
  3. In the words of Mr RHWood .... FAB U LOUS strictly socks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I may have to knit a pair for myself.

      Delete
  4. Such a wonderful gift, hand knit socks made with love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i make most of the gifts for peeps on my list.

      Delete
  5. At first glance, I thought you were making a sparkly Christmas bra 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now then, there's a thought for the future.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.