Followers

Wednesday 27 March 2019

Wham bam

The list, she is finished.

The fabric has been moved. A storage unit has gone and a second one has been re purposed elsewhere. Cue a happy dance.

Many plastic storage boxes are going to a new home, I dare not hang on to them for fear of slowly filling them back up.

Some books have been bagged up to go to Tesco, they have a fund raising book sale in out local store now.

I found things that I have not seen for ages. I also found the odd muscle that has not been used for ages!

I have a warm glow of smugness at getting it done in 2 days but once I had started I could not rest till it was done.

I have my new specs, they feel very strange and I can see the frame, that is quite disconcerting. I like them though and so does the SO, a Brucie Bonus indeed.

Bum, I have just twigged that I missed the Sewing Bee, thank goodness it was on to record. I may not be watching it today though I have far too much to do. I am looking a Freddo Easter Egg for Francesca, I will be ringing round in a little while to see if I can locate one, there are 2 Asda stores, 2 huge branches of Tesco and 2 huge Morrison,s within 30 - 40 minutes drive. If none of them have it in stock it will be an online purchase, fingers crossed that it will not come to that as the mark up is little short of obscene.
I searched Neath yesterday and could not even find a Freddo bar never mind an Egg.

My latest crop of Coriander is disappointing, it has not opened it,s frilly leaves yet but is going over. I will be using it tomorrow, so curry it will be. Cauliflower and chickpea I think, we like that and I have not made it for a while.
Tonight we are having Dirty Cajun Rice from the Pinch of Nom book.
Oh, that reminds me a result of my shuffling around is that all my cook books are now together, they have been spread over 3 places till today. More happy dancing.

Fast forward 2 hours.

Job,s a good un. made 1 call, the eggs were in stock. The dogs had a whistle stop walk, luckily Ben was in the mood to trot along.

I am back from Asda with an egg for Francesca. I took the opportunity to stock up with their wholemeal strong flour, it is almost half the price of Tesco,s and has a slightly coarser texture, which we prefer.
A win win situation. I am about to have a cuppa (and a bit of sewing bee) and a quick sandwich before finishing up the sewing room. A few things to move, a shelf unit to come out and a vacuum through.

Yippee ky yay!!.

                          TTFN                                    Pam













14 comments:

  1. Goodness, you have been so busy! I need to sort out cupboards and drawers all through the house. A big job which I started last year but after the Utility room and kitchen which were thoroughly gutted I lost steam. Must do better this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All in the fullness of time, you have to be in the right frame of mind. I was and I acted upon it.

      Delete
  2. You have put me to shame with your business. Glad you managed to locate the egg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was beginning to despair, Francesca does not ask for much but she did this time.

      Delete
  3. Everyone seems to be sorting out cupboards and drawers at the moment, must be because it's Spring and the need for Spring cleaning.

    Was in Sainsbury's today and they had plenty of Easter eggs including Freddo. A new one to me, never heard of him/it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Sainsbury's but have to go right into Swansea town and the traffic is a nightmare. I agree about the Spring cleaning, there is something about spring sunshine that seems to trigger activity levels.

      Delete
  4. Just a quickie, Approved food are selling Fredo bars. Love Andie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andie, I will have a look.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on all the hard work, you must be well chuffed !
    That kind of massive sorting and clear out is way easier than you think , once you are on a roll.
    I just cook for myself so I wrote all my favourite recipes into a good notebook and the cookbooks went to the charity shop.If I need something in particular I just Google it .
    Spring weather is great for motivating the organizing of our spaces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a folder of tried and tested recipes but like to ring the changes. When I google recipes I get sidetracked and before you know it an hour has evaporated.

      Delete
  6. Wow, you really did well. Glad you found the egg.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I feel that it has been a good few days. Finding the egg was the icing on the cake.

      Delete
  7. Wow, you have been busy. I have the same big job ahead of me. Had a cortisone shot in my ankle today so won't be doing much for a few days. Had to google the egg, never heard of it but it sure is cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had a couple of those shots in my shoulder, I feel for you.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.