Followers

Wednesday 19 August 2020

Eyes down for a full house

Bingo!!! Not in this house. I have never liked it, either the prize variety or the ones that you play to win money.

This is a full house of dogs, from a tiny Jack Russel to a mahoosive young chocolate Labrador, not a year old yet, via my Jug and my friends 2 Bichons.



Chessa, 11 years old and making herself at home.


Shelly, 10 years old and staking her claim to the sofa.



Poppy, coming up to 8 years old and the Queen Bee.



Herbie, my Jug, mad as a box of frogs.





Revi, she is another mad creature who thinks that she is the same size as Poppy.


No sewing/spinning/anything will get touched while they are all here, I am likely to end up knitting a Bichon into the socks or spinning a Poppy with the fibre. I can not have the wheel uncovered while Revi is here as she is intrigued by it. It has to live behind a cupboard and fully covered, I have visions of her nose in the wheel and her big feet on the treadle, disaster.

Francesca is loking to buy a car, she was negotiating a deal at the Audi dealership. The salesman looked at her and saw a combination of "dumb blonde" and "£££££££". He told her that the 12 month wwarranty on the website did not apply to the model she wanted, just 3 months, but he would give her a warranty on the Alloy wheels!

I do believe that he was told in no uncetain terms to take a long walk off a short pier. She is still looking and is nobody,s fool, she knows what questions to ask and all the terminology. A petrol head brother and my time working for a main dealership group have given her the verbal tools to use.

All is peaceful, the dogs are draped over various bits of furniture and snoring gently. 
I am not far off the snoring myself thanks to 2 consecutive morning of being woken at stupid o'clock, once by a car alarm and once by Herbie telling me that he needed to be let out. Then, of course he found a toy and wanted to play.

Now I am going to sit back and rest my eyes.

Keep Safe.

      
                               TTFN                                            Pam




10 comments:

  1. I don't know how you keep sane with 5 dogs in the house....just Betty by herself is more than enough when she's having a zoomie and tearing around. It does make me laugh though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily they keep each other amused and when it gets out of hand i turf them out into the garden, they play chase round the apple trees.

      Delete
  2. Awwwww. Thanks so much for introducing us to the current members of your Doggy Day Care! Well, Herbie, of course, is the host. :-)

    We've primarily adopted mongrels over the years, typically with strong terrier genes. They were the most available. I did have a teacup Chihuahua who was rehomed to us. When she was two years old, her original owners (young-ish couple) decided she was too much work. My aunt and uncle acquired her and brought her from Midwestern U.S. to us on the West Coast on their summer vacation--she was a well-travelled lass who enjoyed car rides. :-)

    Hope you enjoy resting your eyes for a bit. Everyone needs a bit of down time!

    ...Taja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did manage a nana nap, just for 10 minutes, but playtime soon came round. Herbie is an excellent host.

      Delete
  3. Oooh, that long nose on Poppy does make her look like a Queen. She looks so sweet. The other dogs look like lots of fun.... Good Luck with the dog sitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is definitely the Top Dog, although the Bichons do push their lick at times.

      Delete
  4. Lol ! Doggy paradise ! :) What gorgeous dawgies ! Love them all !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how on earth do all those dogs get along. I don't blame you for napping when they are all down.

    Good for Francesca. Why do some males think women are easy to take for a ride?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all good buddies and friends, as long as they remember who's in charge. Poppy.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.