Followers

Wednesday 21 February 2018

On dangerous ground




Perhaps just a bit risky, to my purse, if not exactly dangerous.
I was at The Flying Geese in Llandeilo yesterday and just look at these.



Two of the most enticing words there are, Liberty fabrics.



There were more to stroke and ooh over. I was good though, I have too many things on the go right now. Give me a couple of good sewing sessions though........



These  Makower fabrics are not too shabby either.

Then there are the flannels,


The usual mixture of stripes and checks and a bit of plaid to warm the heart.

There's more of those and some lovely deep colours, just love that purple check.

But, even better are these 3, new additions, I am in lust.


I want them all but the bottom one has my name on some. I am going to riffle through my patterns and decide which needs to be made and how much fabric that I will have to buy.

The sun shone most of the day,and it has done the same today, washing on the line and the quilts and cushion covers from the sofas were soon out there as well. All dry and inside now, I have run the quilts through the dryer to make sure they are well aired before putting them away.

The hospital visit was another good one, it is almost certain that W will lose his plaster cast in 2 weeks time. It has been a long haul for him, over 7 months.

The sunshine got to Ben and Rufus, the walks are longer and there is much more snuffling and wuffling through the hedge bottoms.

Rufus is coming to stay for a long weekend from tomorrow, he could have gone with W but I said it would be a bit awkward getting on and off the trains with crutches, bags and a squirming dog. Besides, we like having Rufus as a guest.

I will finish my green shawl this evening and I have yarn, pattern and needles ready for a chunky waistcoat. I will be casting on  Anouk  for Fran but have to have something on the needles in the meantime. She does not arrive till late tomorrow evening and it will be sometime on Friday before she tries the tweedy version on.

Meals have been decided upon and the shopping is done, just need to pick up some eggs. Goodness knows how I managed to forget them.

That is me done for now, enjoy your weekends, I will probably be absent till Monday and all is back to normal.

                      TTFN                                        Pam







28 comments:

  1. What lovely fabrics, not so keen on the flannels, but the rest are gorgeous colours and prints. I wonder how long you'll be able to resist them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a sewer, but I love all the fabric you showed. I could get carried away too. I'm a sucker for pretty pastels and vibrant jazzy colours and feed my lust by buying fat quarters, although I don't do anything with them and have about six bundles resting in a drawer. One day. Maybe!

    Joan (Devon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have curbed my tendencies to buy all the pretties for a while. I just hope that it lasts.

      Delete
  3. You are so industrious Pam, I'm quite jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can not sit with empty hands, they seem to attract chocolate.

      Delete
  4. Lovely fabrics! I hope you're feeling better now Pam.
    I was having a hankering to do some sewing yesterday, probably because none of my clothes fit me right now, I need to make some pregnancy smocks!
    Have a lovely weekend, see you soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoyed your break away.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful fabrics, a feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can just saunter up and down for ages, drinking it all in.

      Delete
  6. Oh, oh, oh just look at those gorgeous fabrics. I want too!
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how gorgeous. I love the flannels and the two greens at the top of the first picture....just yummy.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shop is brimming with gorgeous colours.

      Delete
  8. I went into a shop like that last week, heaven. I was tempted to buy until she said £15 a metre. Then I decided I didn't actually need it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a shop like that not too many miles away, I think they charge for walking through the door. I am far too attached to my cash to pay through the nose.

      Delete
  9. I am coming to visit that wonderful shop as soon as I get our motorhome. Other people mark out pubs, monuments etc but I’m planning a tour of fabric shops and galleries. DH will get the odd tool shop visit too. Happy visit with Fran. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed that it will not be too long before your visit, although you may want to wait for some warmer weather.

      Delete
  10. Such beautiful fabrics, I want them all. Its amazing the lack of shops here helps how I am getting down my stash. I will enjoy shopping when I have a trip to the mainland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, before the Flying geese opened I was going through the stash splendidly.

      Delete
  11. Fab fabrics. I've been looking for flannel to make a quilt but had no luck. I may be making a detour via Llandeilo in a couple of weeks when I go to visit my mum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a whole range of flannels in pastels as well. I love them all.

      Delete
  12. Oh gosh I lust over flannel, those are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made a few baby quilts with it and used it to back full size ones, it makes them super snuggly.

      Delete
  13. What lovely fabrics.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you have your meals sorted - very important! It is expensive fabric from Liberty but when you make something you know you will never throw it away. It has to be the right investment. Have a good week. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try very hard not to waste any of my fabric and with something like Liberty I carefully press and store all the off cuts for future projects. All the tiny bits bigger than 1" square go into crumb blocks.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.