Followers

Saturday 17 February 2018

Did the earth move for you?

It certainly did for us, at around 2:30 there was an earthquake in the Swansea area and all the china on my dresser danced around. There have been a few reports appearing on news online but so far no reports of damage.

It has been a mixed bag of weather here, heavy rain overnight and a chilly start to the day. By 10:00 am it was warm and sunny with not a breath of a breeze but by mid day the sky darkened and the rain returned. 
No playing with the new toys today. We are both still trying to rid ourselves of the remnants of colds and getting wet in the garden would not have helped.
And as Scarlett said "tomorrow is another day", stupid girl to turn Rhett down. Any girl with a ha'porth of sense would have jumped on him there and then, mind you Clark gable was as famous for his halitosis as his smouldering good looks.

That is my bit of nonsense for the day. Dinner will be something light and easy as we had a substantial lunch.
I have reached the end of the increase rows on my shawl and will be working on the straight back section this evening. Not that I am in a  hurry but I have another shawl pattern in mind. I don't know where this fascination came from but I will just go with the flow and enjoy the journey.

Toodle Pip for now, it is almost time to get the dogs out for their afternoon ramble, rain permitting.

                         TTFN                                      Pam

My make 9 knitting list seems to have evaporated, although there is time yet.
Pam

11 comments:

  1. Yes Pam, me and the dog both felt it here....I was sitting in an armchair and it suddenly shook lightly 4 or 5 times, as if my husband was standing behind me giving it a shove (he wasn't, he was outside pruning a fruit tree and felt nothing!). Betty, who was asleep on the sofa, suddenly looked up and woofed! Very odd sensation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, No, I don't think we had anything like that round here. I do hope no-one is hurt.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh...an earthquake? We felt nothing in the Bridgnorth area at least....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to report this one wasn't felt in Lincolnshire. Did the earth move in your part of Lincs in the 2008 quake?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hubby and I were on holiday in Zante when it had a shudder. All the holiday makers ran round like headless chickens while the locals carried on regardless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing here either but I gather the Epicentre was beneath the Brecon Beacons so I guess it got deflected away from the Carmarthen area. I feel robbed . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. No earth rumblings here. I think I have only actually felt one here once although we have had several.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, hopefully no damage as I haven't seen anything on the news.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We didn't feel a thing but a couple of miles down the road in Blackpool and they felt it.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heard about your shake on the news.
    Hope you are getting better with each passing day.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.