Followers

Wednesday 14 February 2018

I lost a day.

Not so much lost as passed through carelessly.

I did make it to Knit and Natter, regardless of the weather, and though we were thin on the ground it was still a lively afternoon.

The dogs had their walks, it was a bit wet at one point, and the fresh air was most welcome.

Dinner was a pasta sauce,  in the slow cooker all afternoon, and the evening slipped away in a knitty sort of way. We watched a little telly, Back in time for Tea was very interesting again. Many memories resurfaced, not too much changed in our rural community during the late 40,s and 50,s. There was a difference from North to South East, mostly in the food, but that could be down to the fact that we always grew most of our food. I expect that things were not so different in Norwich.

It was not until this morning that I realised that I had not posted. As today is hospital day it had to wait.



 The latest Miette, I have buttons for her now so once sewn on she will be blocked.

My Christmas Eve cast on, she is also waiting to have buttons attached before blocking. I am not too sure about the finished (almost) garment, care I say that I find it very old fashioned in style. In the magazine it was a bright, light yellow, perhaps I should have stuck with that. BUT this was about knitting the stash.


The stitch definition is good, once the lace is blocked out it will look better. It is the overall shape that is bugging me, I am certain that it will be too baggy for my comfort zone.I will see how I feel once the buttons are on and it is blocked.

I have almost finished the trial version of Anouk, I bought the buttons at Deb's shop yesterday. She has an amazing selection of all shapes and sizes, I was spoilt for choice.

I can not decide whether to cast on another cardigan or plump for a sweater. I hate picking up the button bands, it usually takes me a few attempts before I get the balance and count right. I quite fancy the Chuck sweater, I like a bit of cabling.
I have plenty of time to knit it before Fran comes home and I get her measured up for the Anouk. There is, of course, a good chance that she may leave with the trial version as well. I will get a photo up as soon as the last bit is cast off, I have both sleeves on cables with stoppers as well as the body on needles. It makes it a labour of Hercules to even think about putting it on the model.

I am reading a few blogs about living on rations from WW11, mostly that seems to be how we eat, of course we do have weeks when there seems to be cream coming out of our ears. But it is swings and roundabouts. The main stumbling block for me would be the tea ration, I think a weeks worth would last me a day.
I remember my Mother telling us that she swapped her sugar ration for her friends tea ration. It suited them both, but tea was always in short supply even with the extra.

I have Fran on the phone now,so will say toodle pip.


                       TTFN                                    Pam










10 comments:

  1. I dislike making up the button bands on cardi's, so I would plump for a jumper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the purple (heather) colour cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would probably be the same as you with the tea ration. Love the blue cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would struggle if tea were rationed. Love the lace effect in the last picture, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The garments are lovely Pam, I love that lace stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, I wouldn't call it losing a day, it sounds like a lovely day.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to have problems with button bands too. Then I found the trick of picking up three stitches on four rows. Problem now solved and a lot less colourful language n the homestead.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colours of your cardigans Pam and the purple one looks so snuggly.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the light purple sweater.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You could always knit the button bands on as you go - I sometimes do that. You are a lovely knitter pam x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.