Followers

Saturday 3 February 2018

Cut, pin, dig,dig,sew.

I did venture out into the garden after my walk with Rufus. My timing was absolutely spot on, just as I walked through the gate it started to rain.
I went back and did a little sewing,  well cutting to be precise, then pinning and finally (a good while later) some sewing.


A little stack of smallish hearts in various shades of pink, destined to become bunting, all with the same backing fabric. A light weight 100% cotton home dec fabric, bought many years ago in Dunelm for £2 a mtr. 


A few medium size and even fewer bigger hearts, more pink prints, same backing. These are as yet in the "I am not sure how to use them yet" category.


This is half made and will be on the bed, possibly with a supporting cast of some of the medium sized ones.

These are all a little "bling" to decorate Fran,s room for her next visit.


This is just a reminder for me, I need to open it and get the pattern pieces out and pressed flat. I like to measure the pieces before deciding what size to trace off. The fabric is ready to go and I am thinking of extending it into a dress as well. I have a double sheet to have practise run and if it works I have the fabric ready to use.

I did get back outside for an hour or so later, it was considerably warmer than Thursday. I did not do very much but you can see were I have been.

The SO has a cold, poor thing, so tonight,s dinner will be a butternut squash and chickpea curry to warm him up. It will be going in the slow cooker and burble away with no attention while I play in the sewing room.

Enjoy your weekend, were ever you are. keep warm if you are in cold snowy climes and stay cool if you are in the sunny side of the world.


                                  TTFN                                           Pam

16 comments:

  1. Oooh, the butternut and chick pea curry sounds wonderful. It wet and wild here, again! The sewing looks lovely :D
    Someone commented recently that she gets so bored in the wet weather! All the time there are crafts to do, there's no time to be bored!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a tried and tested recipe and needs no rice or naan bread. I don.t have a second to be bored in, thank goodness.

      Delete
  2. The butternut squash and chickpea curry sounds gorgeous. Mmmmmmm.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely,sometimes I use sweet potatoes and sometimes a mixture, it all depends on what I have.

      Delete
  3. One of these years I am going to try my hand at making a bunting.

    I love the blouse pattern. Since it flows so nicely you should be able to extend it to a dress.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bunting is an easy make but v e r y tedious, once it is hung though it transforms the area. I plan on making some standard triangle from my scrap bag later.

      Delete
  4. Love the idea of heart bunting for my craft room when it evolves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some crochet bunting and plan on getting some fabric on the walls as well.

      Delete
  5. The heart piece is really pretty Pam! So feminine. :) I love butternut squash, must add that to the shopping list for next month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bunting, if really brightens up a space. Your hearts are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope to get them finished today.

      Delete
  7. It has rained steadily all day here. An ideal day for indoor persuits. Your bunting fabric is so pretty. I had never thought of making hearts. They really will brighten up the room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a little bit of silliness for Francesca,s room, she loved that I "Christmassed her room"

      Delete
  8. I'm eating a butternut squash a week lately!! I think I'll make a curry with it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bunting! That is what I should do with all the denim hearts I have been making! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.