Followers

Friday 2 February 2018

3rd time lucky.


Three attempts to get my photos loaded, Grrrrrrr.

Yesterday was bright, dry and blooming cold, all day. I went into the garden and lasted all of 15 minutes, I had to come in my teeth were chattering and I am sure that someone else,s nose was on my face.

Never mind, I got warm and headed for the sewing room.

When I came out I brought this with me.



It needs a belt but I was too idle to run up and get one, I will wear it with one of those 3" wide elastic ones. I selected high contrast colours and am pleased with the result although I intend to take the pattern down a size for this construction method. The yellow fabric has a pattern of bees and the teal has tiny gold dots.
I fancy scarlet and aqua but do not think I have enough of either so it will have to wait.


Dinner last night was another mushroom and chestnut tart, I had the rest of the jar of pesto, some mushrooms and peppers that needed using. There was a tub of Quark in the fridge so I finished that off rather than buying creme fraiche, it was not quite the same but still very good. As there was so much veg in it (I added extra) we had it on its own. The puff pastry was a yellow sticker 28p bargain and provided enough carbs to make it very filling. I had enough pastry left to cut into 2 x 5" squares and cook, they will be used as a pudding today filled with apple and raspberry and a little greek yogurt.

W had to take Poppy, one of his cats, to the vet in the afternoon. Our one time neighbour, Dai, was visiting so took them and I dog sat. Dai has a little Jack Russell called Dewie who is a little cutie. Ben was over the moon, they are much of a size and the three played till they collapsed.



He is sprawled out on the SO, who in turn was sprawled out on the sofa. Rufus and Ben were with me on the other sofa.

Poppy had stopped eating and W was concerned that she might have teeth problems, but it was a gland problem and was dealt with there and then. I took the dogs home and she was back to her old self, head in her food dish.

Today is a blank canvas, I would like to get out in the garden but that is weather dependant. I need to clean the sewing machine and overlocker, replace needles and wind some white bobbins. I have a blouse pattern that I want to open and I need to trim a size off my shift dress pattern hack. I do like my clothes loose but have decided that it is a bit too large.

Liver and bacon for dinner, I have some cauliflower and broccoli to use up so will have the cauliflower as mash. 
I want to empty the veg drawer and make a batch of veg hash for the freezer and if I have enough leeks I will make a pot of Leek and potato soup, a dollop of greek yogurt will make it creamy.

I am busy making things to decorate Fran,s room ready for her visit at the end of the month. I know that Valentine,s will be long gone but am planning on a heart and roses theme. I will share the photo,s tomorrow (fingers crossed) I have a little hand stitching on one item and need to rake my fingers through the little grey cells and come up with something else.

I need tea and may get my brain in some sort of working order while I drink it.

                                 TTFN                               Pam

















16 comments:

  1. A very nice dress and I love the china on the dresser in the background in the photo.
    Have a lovely, restful day!
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy with the dress and use my pretty china often. I do not see the point of having things for "best". I use it all.

      Delete
  2. I really like the shape of your dress. It's just the kind of thing I like to wear around the house in summer.
    No crafting of any kind for me this weekend....just pure unadulterated grandchild cuddling :)
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a comfy shape then with a belt becomes much more streamlined.

      Delete
  3. You are very good at mixing and matching patterns and material. It is a lovely dress. I'm on the look out for some light weight denim material for a dress I have in mind. Its certainly chilly out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have looked at some denim for a dress but am sitting on my purse till I have sewn through the stash.

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful combination of fabrics, they look great together. Love the style of the dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very pleased with the result and will be seeing what else I can pair up.

      Delete
  5. Very nice dress Pam, I think it looks just fine without a belt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does indeed but a belt transforms it.

      Delete
  6. A pair of socks casted on the needles today for me at the knit and natter group.
    The bee fabric is really pretty with the blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a pair of socks on the needles at all times, great for telly watching, the hospital waiting room and knit and natter when it is very lively.

      Delete
  7. You mixed the colours and pattern very well. I really need to get in my sewing/craft room this week. Time to get some late winter sewing done as well as a few gifts for the upcoming year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie, I like to play with colour and pattern. Now I am thinking of some texture, but that has to wait till I have sewed more of the stash.

      Delete
  8. The dress is so cute. I would like it without a belt, like you're wearing it. That's my kind of style. I love what you said about the cold...someone else's nose! I've felt that way before too. It;s blooming cold here too, and windy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is still cold and windy and of course we have rain again. It will be worse from tomorrow when we will have wind from the North East.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.