Followers

Monday 26 February 2018

Back to the status quo.

Very nearly, there is the not so small matter of the ironing to deal with, and a door to hang.

We got Francesca off on her journey back to Kent this morning. I had managed to get 2 loads of washing out on the whirlygig before we left. I quickly stripped her bed and threw that lot in to whirl around while we were out. 

Once we got back I walked Rufus while the SO took 2 doors off their hinges. This was because in my wisdom (?) I had the brainwave of moving sofas around. There was a very large leather one in the sewing room and a small blue fabric one in the living room. I really wanted them changed , we had tried before but the turning space was too small. 
The SO said that it could happen if the doors came  off and BOOM it was done. Of course one job done makes at least three more, one door had been hung, the ground floor has been thoroughly fettled. 4 loads of washing have been line dried, Hip Hip Hooray, and half of that has been ironed/folded/ aired and put away. 
I made the executive decision that enough was enough, made a brew and sat down. The other door will be backup in the morning and the rest of the dry laundry will be dealt with.

Then......the car will have a birthday.

you know what I mean, it is absolutely filthy. I am certain that someone close had a good burn up over the last few days as most of the cars nearby are in the same state. The inside could do with a vacuum round as well.

The house windows are in the same state so they will get some love also.

I have my knitting ready for this evening and hope to get a little sewing done later in the week.

Dinner will be a case of Iffits tonight, if it is in the fridge we will have it. We have eaten far too much over the weekend so a small meal is in order. I have a ripe Mango for pudding so perhaps a poached egg on toast will be enough.

On that note I am off to have a look and make the decision.

                    TTFN                                                Pam

PS. Fran brought me some wonderful Assam tea leaves, they make a fantastic brew and will be treats for many days to come.

18 comments:

  1. These move arounds can create so much other work but, once done, they are very nice.
    Stay warm
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a cracking idea, as it turned out, more space in the sewing room and yet no less space in the living room.

      Delete
  2. Assam tea is lovely, I bet you needed a cuppa after all that housework! Well done on getting the washing dry. I managed a few bits today but did the majority over the sunny weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tea is superb I am making a pot twice a day and draining it. The compost gets the leaves.

      Delete
  3. Cleaned my kitchen windows outside yesterday and my fingers nearly froze off had to keep coming in and rubbing them at intervals; glad no one saw me as they would class me as mad as it was well below freezing here; could not even face going into the garden today as it is soooo cold as for cleaning the car ???? I have found someone madder than me xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I am madder than a March Hare. I cleaned the windows of the car but did not wash the body as it would have made an ice slick.

      Delete
  4. We had leftovers, always a treat on a Monday. A great bonus to get the washing line dried I love the smell of washing dried outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Iffits were very tasty and well appreciated.

      Delete
  5. I like your Iffits. We have Musgoes. This must go, and this must go...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great alternative, I may plan for Musgoes next week.

      Delete
  6. Popped in from elsewhere and LOVE the term "Iffits" to describe your dinner plans. We had Iffits for dinner, too. How about that?!

    Wishing you well from Virginia, USA. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes plan my meals to give me the makings of Iffits. I am planning now for the weekend, Saturday will be based around a variation of Pan Haggerty.

      Delete
  7. You sound much too industrious for me! I think you should come to my house and at least egg me on! There is always more to do than there is time to do it in......

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like the thought of an iffit. We often have a 'fridge Friday'. On Fridays I chuck everything in a soup..We have had some interesting soups over the years

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you been very busy.
    Looking forward to whatever will be coming off the sewing machine.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have intense pollen here so everything is green. The cars are a mess but it is no use washing them as they will be a mess again in a few hours. Sounds like you have gotten loads done, now rest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Iffits and Musgoes? Oh my goodness, I will have to write a new cookbook! Just when I think I speak English...

    ReplyDelete
  12. A busy day for you both, you earned the assam tea treat.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.