Followers

Monday 19 February 2018

Another one from the Make 9.


My Anouk, knitted in a lovely warm tweedy yarn. Just to try the pattern out after reading several reports of fitting problems. I made the medium size and it fits me almost perfectly. I would have liked another inch on the body but was playing yarn chicken, I had 3 yards left after sewing the buttons on. This was mainly because the yarn is slightly thicker than the recommended yarn, I only had 400 grams but have 500 for Fran,s cardigan, so no worries there.


There were a few comments regarding the waist shaping but I have no issues on that front either. The only minus is that the diamond garter stitch pattern does not show, and that is down to my yarn choice. No probs with that, all from deep stash and a cardigan from 400 grams is not to be sneezed at. I was going to knit it again as I have another of those 400 gram skeins in purple, while having a bit of a sort out I found a waistcoat pattern that I will use instead. That will fill a gap in my wardrobe and take another ball from stash.

I washed and ironed some stash fabric this morning, a dress length and enough to make a skirt and a top from 2 smaller pieces. Fingers crossed.

I am woefully behind in the blog reading, comment replying and comment writing stakes. I have a case of the "fidget britches" at the moment and find it difficult to sit down for any length of time.  I think that is an indication that my lurgy is leaving at long last.

On that pleasant and uplifting note I am off to find something nice to have with my cuppa. Then I need to get to the post office.

                     TTFN                                           Pam

7 comments:

  1. Yarn chicken, haha, love that. You must be feeling pretty smug though. A nice cardi and just a bit of wool left. I like the colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tweed yarn such a lovely colour. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colour of the cardigan it's so rich. I also like the shortie design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colour, very nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous cardigan Pam.
    It's good to hear that the lurgy is on it's way out.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a beautiful cardigan - such a rich color. Glad to her you are on the mend and feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that "yarn chicken" ha ha...I played that when I was knitting the dog Christmas stockings too...it created a little too much anxiety for my liking! The cardigan is gorgeous! You're so talented Pam! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.