Followers

Monday 5 February 2018

My Monday.

Woke up sneezing, Duh.
Shower with eyes shut, clean teeth, get dressed.
Load the washing machine.
Tea,and repeat. ( go and press start on machine)
Change sofa throws and cushion covers.
Winkle Ben out of bed and take for walk, feed on return.
Empty washing machine and refill.
Make tea for the SO.
Peg out washing Woo Hoo
Collect Rufus and walk him, very chilly but bright and dry. meet and greet regular dogs and their slaves  owners.
Make more tea and it seemed to evaporate.
Empty and refill washing machine and peg out.
Strip bed and scoop clean linen out of cupboard.
Scoot off to Neath, run errands. Find Semolina in Morrisons. Yaye
Fill up with petrol on way home, slither round Teco and find 2 yellow sticker bargains. Excellent. Cold roast pork to make a sandwich for the SO reduced from £5.20 to £1. 15. Treacle tart for 12p !! I think that may have been an error, but it will be good with custard later.

Back home.
Empty and refill washing machine, take things off line, peg more out.
Make and drink 2 cups of tea PDQ. It,s cold out there.
Make bed, clear the little bit of washing up.
Tidy kitchen, sanitise work tops with vinegar spray.
Empty washing machine and refill, PHEW, get things off line and peg more out.
Make and drink a cup of tea.
Make bed, look at polish and duster and walk away. Tomorrow will suffice.
Empty line and start finishing it all off in the dryer, it will not take long.
Now it is time for the dogs to go out again. The I will be sitting on my btm with more tea and knitting.

                         TTFN                                        Pam


18 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy, I can't keep up with you. What a bargain on the treacle tart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was okay with custard but very sweet, I add lemon zest when I make it.

      Delete
  2. You do like a cup (or 10) of tea, don't you?! And wow, lots of washing....how many people live in your house? ;-)

    Very industrious, Pam, you make me feel positively sloth-like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do. just the two of us.But I did have sofa throws, bed linen and Ben,s towels. I did a load of clothes later.

      Delete
  3. A busy day, but FOUR loads of washing? Do you take washing in or is it a week's worth?

    Joan (Devon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the product of changing everything. I do my sofa throws and cushion covers every week, I love Ben but don't want the house to smell of him.

      Delete
  4. I'm worn out reading what you've been up to. I've had a lovely afternoon knitting in front of the fire with a good film on, it's very cold outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I di much the same for the rest of my day.

      Delete
  5. All go today, wasn't it?
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some days are just like that, tomorrow will be quieter.

      Delete
  6. Pam, you are a tea lover that's for sure! How do you drink it? What type of tea do you drink? I have a box of Earl Grey here that I really love but our tea strainer tore so I'm waiting until next pay day to get a new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I drink my tea without milk or sugar, Assam, English Breakfast and a night time tea after 8:00 pm. My strainer has a steel mesh but it is not as fine as the nylon ones.

      Delete
  7. You have crazy days when you find yourself chasing your tale. They may be crazy but they are very satisfying too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I got everything done that was planned.

      Delete
  8. I'm impressed you managed to get stuff dry this time of year. I think you need another cup of tea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was bitterly cold but very dry with just enough of a breeze. I nearly always need another cuppa.

      Delete
  9. I still have washing to do, but I am blaming the furnace guys for my not finishing. I have towels and rags yet to do, but they can go in the washer tomorrow.

    You must be like me and have Monday as your busiest day of the week.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blame my Granny, I like to get the bulk of the laundry done on one day in the winter. I was just lucky that most of it dried outside. In the summer I just throw a load in whenever I have enough. I blitz as much of the house as I can as well, that one day of pushing gives me the leisure time that I like during the week.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.