Followers

Wednesday 7 February 2018

Definitely WANTS.

I WANT the spring to arrive. 




I do not want to see any more of this. I know that lots of you have had real amounts of snow, and thankfully this did not settle. There was a sharp frost last night so the roads would have been treacherous, as it was drivers were being very steady on their way through the village. Quite surprising really.

I WANT to buy the yarn for a new sweater. I watched Arne & Carlos steeking a cardigan this morning and now I am all fired up. I do not want to knit the cardigan, but I do want to knit a sweater in the traditional way. Colour work in the round and then steek to add the sleeves and cut the neck shaping. Exciting and a bit of Exploring.

I WANT  W to get more good news this morning. It is time and past time that the tide turned for him.

I so WANT the SO back on his feet, he hates being ill and he has had a quite bad time of this virus, I have had it also but a very mild dose.

I WANT to get both of my cardigans stitched together before the weekend. That is entirely down to me. I need to focus and not allow myself to get sidetracked, but it is so much fun.

I WANT to get through the rest of this month without buying anything but fruit, veg, milk and eggs. I will need to buy some bread flour at some point. This again is down to me, focus.
I have cut my spending back, the Tesco clubcard points dropped through the letterbox, £6:50. Last year at this time it was more than double that.
I shop much wiser now, thanks to Meanqueen, I had let things slip quite considerably but am right on track now.

I WANT to strip a room out and then rearrange it. That is my Grannies fault, she used to get "twitchy" at this time of the year. Something to do with the early spring sunshine searching out all the forgotten nooks and crannies.

Now I need to get a wiggle on as it will soon be time for the hospital run.


                          TTFN                                 Pam
















18 comments:

  1. It’s funny!
    I am waiting for autumn. Here it’s so hot I can barely breathe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not say no to a swap, but only for a day or so. I can not take the heat. I was in Perth WA for January a few years ago and on holiday it was lovely.There is no way that I could live in that climate though.

      Delete
  2. I am also twitchy and noticing lots of things that need doing. The dark winter days hide a multitude of sins! Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it is amazing how far that thin sunshine penetrates.

      Delete
  3. We got the meanest snow I have ever seen. Pinhead sized flakes that fell for most of the day and didn't settle either.

    I hope you get all your WANTS.
    My immediate WANT is for tomorrow to be over. I hate travelling to anywhere I don't really know these days and I am nervous about seeing Maggie's partner who I met for the first time at her funeral. The nervous tummy is in residence.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would not say no to my wants, I did get one of them. W got very good news, if his condition stays stable for the rt of the month he will be out of plaster. He will have to wear special shoes but that will be a small price to pay.

      Delete
  4. You've given me lots of new words to look up that I've never heard before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to go back and look, the only new word that I have used is Steek, a very scary process before I saw the tutorial.

      Delete
  5. I really WANT Spring to arrive, too. With quite a lot of Spring flowers blooming around here now, it feels tantalisingly close, but it's still so cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally spotted the crocus peeping through. My Iris are looking good and even better the Rhubarb is showing well.

      Delete
  6. I have noticed so much more too now that the kitchen has been decorated the rooms coming off it are looking grim. The lounge and the utility room need some work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feeling, the SO decorated the bathroom early last year. He then went on to do the rest of the house.

      Delete
  7. I hope you get spme of your wants. We have just done a kitchen revamp and it felt good to do it in January when not a lot else is happening. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives you the impetus to really get going once a project is completed.

      Delete
  8. I really want spring here too! Oh Pam, I hope you get all your "wants". It's been a while since I got in the mood to totally change things around. May be that Poppy is here more and in my way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have a rejig of the kitchen at some point, I just need to shake this cold off. I find that more of the bigger things get done when the SO is in the house.

      Delete
  9. Today, I just want the silly thing I did yesterday not to have happened.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm, I remember that feeling, a time or three. Put it behind you and walk away.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.