Followers

Wednesday 2 September 2020

Nothing much to see here

We are all ticking along nicely, Herbie has his"girls" as usual. Michael keeps himself occupied for most of the day and i am being extremely lazy for a couple of days.

It was not planned and I don't much like it BUT needs must and all that.
Somehow I have hurt my left hand and am unable to knit, crochet or spin without pain, sooooooooooo I let common sense prevail and am resting it. I am slathering plenty of hand salve on it and hope that the massaging will help. It is certainly easier today but I will rest it for another day and see.

We have a little rain today, not enough to write home about, so the dogs are emulating me and a  bit more. They have spent most of the day lolling on the sofa in a pile, it looks as though they are playing twister in their sleep. I daresay they will make up for it tomorrow.

I took some masks to a neighbour this afternoon, we met while dog walking yesterday and she asked if I was still making them. I had a small pile so dropped a few off, of course we had a chat and she had unearthed a tin of buttons that she passed on to me. Then she lent me her late mum,s knitting pattern file to have a look through. 
It was a trip down memory lane, not so much the actual patterns although I do have some of them in my collection, but the styles and the stitched patterns used.
I could see my Mum knitting away and producing very similar garments. 

I have the Pinch of Nom cook book and one of our go to dishes is Dirty Cajun Rice, sounds awful but is delicious. I was going to make it tonight but got sidetracked while digging in the freezer.
I emerged triumphant with half a pack of pork sausage and half a pack of smoked bacon. I did not fancy rice with those so after speaking with Michael we made a descision.
Tonights dinner has been dubbed " perky porky pasta". I will use much the same spices and vegetables but will leave out the mushrooms and use courgettes and sweetcorn.  

I have cleaned the Singer sewing machine, after all the patchwork it needed it. A drop or 3 of oil and a new needle and she is ready for the next project. When the dogs are here I use her rather than my big Janome as she goes on the kitchen table. 3 dogs in the sewing room is a big fat no.
I have moved stuff around to create my "corner shop" and some of it at just the right level for a Labrador tail to swipe it over. Never mind a mad Jug who things he can fly and launches himself in to the air at the drop of a hat.

Never a dull moment here.

I have been watching far too much telly, but it is YouTube and very informative.
I like factual programs, building, engineering and so on, love some of the car programs but not all. 
I stumbled upon the Fouch family from Idaho, pretty amazing stuff. They not only built their house but practically made it from their property. Just about every bit of timber was felled, milled and finished by Nick, the husband, and helped along the way by Esther his wife. He also designed the house and built an amazing spiral staircase with wonderful metal handrails.

I am slowly going through the back catalogue and enjoying every moment, watching their homestead grow and picking up a few tips along the way.
They no longer make videos but am sure that their lives are brimming full as the children grow and the homestead develops.

Now the clock tells me that I ought to get some of dinner preppped and that the dogs will soon be starving and after their food.

Keep safe.

                           TTFN                                 Pam

6 comments:

  1. We love the Dirty Cajun Rice and have it often...in fact we're having a version of it today. I hope the hand is soon better, in the meantime carry on enjoying the unplanned rest. I shall be watching some YouTube videos tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pasta version was a hit, I did use extra stock and cooked the pasta in with the rest.

      Delete
  2. I hope your hand heals quickly.

    I think I might have to take my one machine in to get looked at. First I am going to see if a gentleman here is willing to give it a cleaning and a going over. Otherwise I will need to take it to the capital to get it looked at.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fingers are crossed (?) for a speedy return to normal. I clean my race every time that I put a new bobbin in and change the needle frequently, in busy weeks that can be every other day. At least once a week I give the whole machine a clean, it is amazing how much dust and fluff accumulate. I think that helps to prolong the life, certainly I am really pleased with my machine after 5 years hard work.

      Delete
  3. I really need to change the needle in my machine. I can't remember the last time I did

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am possibly over keen to change mine but it does speed up sewing and when I get the machine out it works, hard.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.