Followers

Wednesday 29 June 2016

A step along the path.


Yesterday was Knit and Natter, lots and lots of Natter and quite a lot of knitting, even more yarn stroking and a little buying and ordering.

There was tea and coffee and a pack of the naughtiest biscuits in the world. Choc chip cookies, multiple chips, half covered in a thick layer of chocolate. MMMmmmmmmm. 

Shhh...I had 2.


I took this book with me,



and had fun with some startling loud yarn.


Is it a bird?


Is it a plane?


Course not , it is a slightly wonky pair of socks. I finished one last night and made the other today. I made the largest size and they are too big for me.
The cast on was too loose but I am as pleased as punch with them


I will be making another pair in the next size down, just taking 2 rows off the foot length. I made the toes blue on a whim and will repeat the colour change on the next pair.

There are some gorgeous patterns in the book and once I feel comfortable with all the stages, and get the tension right, I will be working my way through most of them.

I have had a request for a Knitting bag with Owls, purple was mentioned. I had a quick look on the internet and found some fabric, it should be here by the weekend.

Apart from that it is still raining, and blowing. Tomorrow should see an improvement, I care not. 
I am in socktopia, floating on a cloud of brightly coloured balls of yarn dotted with stitch holders.

Dinner last night was a chilli made with Quorn mince, and very tasty it was too.
Tonight it is beef casserole in a Yorkshire pudding, if the rain stops as forecast I will cut a cabbage to have as well.
I have a stack of RTC meat in the freezer and will use some each week. I can see Ben doing very well indeed out of it.

Now I am off to find some more bright, in your face, yarn for my second attempt.

      TTFN                                                                          Pam







25 comments:

  1. Great socks, love the bright colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have started another pair, in cream and brown. I have some brilliant yellow but my eyes needed a rest.

      Delete
  2. Wow those are bright socks!! I picked up a few rtc joints of decent beef that I quickly snaffled away to stash in my freezer! Socktopia!!! Your knitting is sockalicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am fine with the socks. I have sunglasses.

      Delete
  3. I think they would be gorgeous in that blue , with RED toes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I agree. I have enough for a reverse pair.

      Delete
  4. Your socks are fantastic!! Enjoy knitting some more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on working my way through the book.

      Delete
  5. I bought this book. Be careful, there are so many mistakes in it. My husband got in touch with the publishers and they told us where to find the errata....too late it went in the bin. Maybe yours will be a later version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is one mistake in the first pattern but I spotted it. thank you for the link, I have printed it out.

      Delete
  6. Here is the link.....www.pincushionpatch.com/errata

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those socks look so cosy.....I could have done with them tonight....my feet have been really cold and I am definitely getting the hot water bottle out tonight-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put the heating on for a couple of hours yesterday morning it was just so chilly and the air was very damp.

      Delete
  8. You are so smart!! I love the big comfortable looking socks. I wear socks in the house all the time and I am constantly wearing holes in the heels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to wearing them this winter, there is a pattern for long socks in a moccasin style.

      Delete
  9. Love the socks! They are so bright and cheerful. How about yellow socks with bright purple toes?
    Stay dry. Fans still on here, humidity is up and so is temp. Summer in California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Oh , I have bright yellow and purple yarn. I also fancy turquoise and yellow.

      Delete
  10. 2016 is my Year of the Sock Sockapalooza. I knit 2 at a time magic loop and I am obsessed. Just finished my lucky 13th pair. Such bliss.Love your vibrant socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to explore this method, I like to knit 2 at a time with fronts and sleeves for cardigans and jumpers.

      Delete
  11. I have that book and have knitted a few pairs from it, hoping for a rain free day today :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fingers are crossed for that too, so far so good although the bright sun has slipped behind a grey blanket.

      Delete
  12. Fab socks! It's been on my bucket list for a while to knit some.
    Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my aim this year to master socks on 4 needles. These are just a way to get the mechanics into my mind.

      Delete
  13. The socks are absolutely fab! I have never knitted any as I don't fancy using three needles,
    I get confused enough as it is ....lol... perhaps I ought to try though....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful socks, I am not a sock knitter but I sure love to see them. Good luck on pair number 2.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.