Followers

Wednesday 22 June 2016

pass me the tissues, please.

I am snuggled up with a head cold, lots of lemon in hot water, mountains of tissues and salve to stop my nose glowing.
I will be back later, you will possibly smell the faint hint of Friars Balsam and hear the wheezing and odd sneeze or three.

I am watching Death in Paradise from the beginning on Netflix, I could do with a blast of tropical sea breeze just now. Instead it is mountain drizzle damp air.

I am determined to sweat this out so will be having a fiery Thai curry tonight, it will be a fridge bottom dish, there are lots of veg in there to go at.

Pudding will be fresh mango and melon with a few strawberries. Must get the vitamin C into my system, well that's my excuse anyway.

Normal (!?) service will be resumed ASAP.

               TTFN                                                           Pam

19 comments:

  1. I feel your pain.
    Get well soon-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon, Pam. The super hot curry sounds a good idea, and the lovely cooling fruit afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you are suffering with a cold, I know just how miserable a cold can be. I still have the cough from mine a while ago. Take care and keep warm. Chicken soup is supposed to be good for colds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor you. I have had a terrible head cold for the past few days. It was wither that or bad hay fever. It's just clearing up now. You can have my tissues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better soon, nothing worse than a summer cold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor you-I think a head cold in summer is so much worse than winter! Hope you are better soon. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling better soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're feeling better soon, colds are a pain in the neck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you feel better soon.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pam, sure hope you feel better soon. I just got over the worst cold and cough I've had in years, last week. Terrible time to have a cold. The heat makes you feel even worse. Hope you will be up and about soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you feel much better soon. Take care of yourself and enjoy the curry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, drat. A summer cold always seems to be the worst kind.
    A nice toddy should help scare it away :)
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no, get well soon lovely xx nothing worse than a dratted summer cold :-( X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Take care and wrap up well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wishing you well very soon x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Get well soon. That's obviously why you felt a bit bleh a couple of days ago. That good hot curry should help things up in the "dose" area. Hope you have plenty of tissues.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.