Followers

Friday 17 June 2016

See what I found.

The first week that I went to knit and natter Debs had a delivery. In one of the boxes were several of these.


There were only two designs, both  appealed to me.


Sewing kits, nothing remarkable.




Except for the thread plaits.
I did not see thread.
I saw cuffs and maybe a stand up collar on a white blouse, or perhaps pocket trims on a pair of jeans or a dress.

I bought both the tin designs and I am sure that the right project will come along, in the meantime I will have the tins to look at.

I have had a Bleh day, I woke after a good nights sleep feeling decidedly under par. Nothing specific, just a general "off" feeling, a bit light headed and woozy. It felt as though I had a night on the tiles last night,
 Tea and a walk with Ben, Dolly and Archie helped a little. 
A shopping trip did nothing to help but it had to be done.
I drank more tea and then some coffee, had a light lunch and walked the dogs again. 
A little knitting and some online shopping helped some more. 
I was given a potted hybrid tea rose called Mum in a million. It needs to be put in the ground soon, there is one bloom on it and it has a pronounced scent. That also helped.
I do feel much better now but not 100%, hopefully I will be back on form tomorrow.

I have 2 days of blogs to catch up with and comments to answer, I also have to look for a boxed pouch pattern.

Now I am going to have more tea, and perhaps something nice to nibble on. Nooooo nothing naughty, I have a fruit platter out, a selection of fresh fruits peeled and sliced and diced into mouth sized morsels. That way I can use a fork and not get my fingers sticky. I want to get on with the  sleeves on my jumper, I have finished the rib now and want to get them knitted up.

                        TTFN                                               Pam

15 comments:

  1. Hope you feel tip top by tomorrow X I've also had tons of fresh fruit. Feel smugly healthy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up with the Lark at 5:30 and feeling fit. Washing on the line and ready to dog walk, after a quick bloggy read.

      Delete
  2. perhaps you were just due a slow down day, pretty tins I sometimes buy a tin because its pretty not just for the contents :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right, I feel much better for doing lots of not very much. Looking forward to a full on day today.

      Delete
  3. So sorry that you are not feeling great Pam. I swear it's this odd weather we're having as everyone I speak to feels the same.
    Take care of yourself-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are also right Sheila, I was in Ammanford on Thursday and in the space of 2 hours we had 3 or 4 tropical downpours and scorching hot sun. I was in and out of my mac like a fiddlers elbow.

      Delete
  4. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those tins have such lovely designs on them, I would have bought both too. Hope you enjoyed your fruit xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, it was very refreshing. I like little tins but the ribbon of thread drew me in for these ones.

      Delete
  6. Hi! I just found your blog, from Mean Queen's blog list. Your day sounds just like mine! I love knitting, my 2nd grade teacher taught me and I've been knitting since. I think knitting produces some special chemical in the brain, because it's just so relaxing! I make many baby sweaters and outfits for friends. Your tins are very cute--I would have bought them!
    I am going to enjoy reading back pages here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Holly and welcome, You will find a mixed bag of reading. I do not have a "theme" I have a flibbertigibbet mind and the posts reflect it.

      Delete
  7. Hope you feel better soon. Love the tins and saw allsorts of uses for the plaid too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much better now, thank you. I hope for a day getting the weeds out of as much garden as I am able.

      Delete
  8. The thread braids would make a lovely trim wouldn't they! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.