Followers

Thursday 16 June 2016

The day that the rains came.

It has been a mixed bag today, two loads of washing done and line dried this morning. The last bits came in a 11:50 and within seconds it was raining so hard that I could not see the garden. There have been a few more sessions through the afternoon with hot hot sunshine between them.

The buttons are on my cardigan, it is too big, I am not pleased. I knitted a smaller size than I usually do and I haven't lost that much weight.


I have the yarn to knit it again, smaller, but will think about it for a little while.


As you can see Ben was underwhelmed by it all.


I have done some sewing, three of the zippered pouches are made and will be winging their way to ........ No I will not say, it will be a surprise.


A blue one.


The back.


One in red.



And the back.



Both have this lining.


The third pouch.




The back.



The lining.

I want to make a few more of these and then find a pattern for a boxy version.

I got the bag zips from Jaycotts and they are lovely to work with and I will be getting a stock in.

I am off to get a brew on before I cast on the sleeves of my jumper.

                    TTFN                                             Pam



20 comments:

  1. The Cardigan is lovely, think of the winter, you can layer up and stay snug with it.

    Quick question. Do you remember blogging about a dress pattern you bought earlier this year. What one was it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the Dottie Angel dress, I have not even taken it out of the sleeve yet even though I have the fabric.

      Delete
    2. Inspired by seeing the dress on your blog I bought the pattern online and cut out the smock version this evening (it's going to be vintage duvet cover chic!). It's next to the machine ready to start bright and early tomorrow :)

      Delete
    3. I hope that you will be showing it to us.

      Delete
  2. The pouches are lovely! I am sure the recipients will love them. Such a shame about your cardigan, so annoying after all of your work and otherwise - as a cardigan - it is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will wear it in the winter I am sure, it is very warm.

      Delete
  3. What lovely hair you've got, Pam. The pouches are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I was white blonde as a child, then it darkened and now it is almost white. It is very fine though and grows very fast.

      Delete
  4. Love the cushions Ben is sleeping on. We didn't get rain today, which makes a nice change but still no sun either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben has his own cushions, he threw himself on the sofa as soon as the camera came out, he wanted to play.

      Delete
  5. Pam your hair has grown love ads since we met last year. I love you knitting and your patchwork, you are all round clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the cardigan will be great in winter, we only got one short downpour today then sunshine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cardigan Pam, and the pouches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cardigan is lovely though, the pattern is very pretty. Love the punches, lovely idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cardigan is lovely, could you take the sides in a little if it is too big? I guess if you were up to it you could unpick it and re do the fronts and back but that would be a lot of work and hastle, I think it looks lovely just as it is. The pouches are very pretty and oh so useful. You do lovely work. My hair is very much like yours although I have a fringe. Same length and mine is well on the way to being white too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cardigan looks beautiful what a shame it came out too big. My knitting is horrendous and if I had knit that on the right size needles it would have fit an elephant. I knit way too loose-x-

    ReplyDelete
  11. We need rain. The fires up the coast have closed major roadways and the way around them is basically a 2 lane road through more canyons and smoky clouds. This weekend we're predicted to have temps in the mid 30's. Not something we're used to so close to the coast. Of course, the beach users will be thrilled. Just means more traffic and lots of people. We're 4 miles from the ocean and I'm happy to be here.
    Love the sweater. It will keep you warm in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pam, the cardigan is lovely and so are you! It doesn't look too big to me and the color is so pretty with your hair. Ben looks so sweet. I love seeing him. How do you accomplish so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The pouches are lovely and your cadi is gorgeous it looks soft and cosy.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photo of you in your cardi! I could post one of the HG in his, though it's so unfinished it'd be obscene!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.