Followers

Thursday 2 June 2016

Another Quickie

Another glorious day, in fact a bit too glorious. I had to throw in the towel at 11 this morning and stayed in until around 4. A little weeding, planting and potting on took place and there will be watering again tonight.
 I do have hose pipes in situ for both front and back but there are several plants that I prefer to give rainwater to. Everything in pots with ericaceous compost and the honeyberries, the soil here is quite acidic but every little helps.

I have finished the back of the  cropped cardigan that I started at Knit and Natter, the yarn is 25% cotton and a dream to knit with. The sleeves will not go as fast, they are full length, I did wonder whether to shorten them but could not be faffing around working it all out.
I will try and take a photo of the pattern later, it is very shiny so may not work. I will take one of the yarn though.

I have set my strip sets to one side for a day or two, I am not feeling it and may chop them all down smaller

Ben has been going in and out of the house all day, sun bathing till he is almost cooked and then coming in to find a cool spot to snore in. Right now he is snoring on the other end of the sofa.

I had salad for dinner with a jacket potato stuffed with leek, mushrooms and pork in a sauce of blue brie and a little jellied stock to slacken it. Delicious, I must make it again, with whatever cold meat I happen to have. Or even without the meat and a few extra mushrooms, this was just leftovers.

Now I am going to drink my tea and get outside.


                          TTFN                                     Pam

10 comments:

  1. I had jacket potato too, with cold roast turkey mixed with a bit of salad cream n Mayo, chopped lettuce and tomatoes and it was delicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a lover of turkey, it is the smell when it is cooking that puts me off. Mind you I think that they are a smelly bird when living. jacket potato with a filling and salad is a stand by in the summer.

      Delete
  2. I can't believe the difference in the weather, it is like a winters day here yet again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good day to me, and a good dinner. It's hot and humid here. The dogs had rather stay inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never had a dog before that liked to sprawl out in the sun.

      Delete
  4. It has been exceptionally hot hasn't it. Rocky hound is very much a sun worshipper so has been lapping up this fine weather, Your potato filling sounds nice, I rather like a baked potato with salad x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is glorious here but the East side is having a rough deal. Potato in it's jacket with a random filling makes for a quick and tasty dinner, a pile of salad and that's all you need.

      Delete
  5. It has been freezing all week where I am in the East Midlands. I kid you not but I'm sat with the heating on, a fleece, fleecy gilet on too and thick socks! My cold that's been hanging about for ages is getting worse. Please send some sun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to catch the weather report this morning and was shocked at the low temperatures over your side. Francesca has a cold and she says that it is very cold in the city and in Beckenham.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.