Followers

Tuesday 14 June 2016

Knitting

Knit and Natter this afternoon was very nattery, new yarn to ooh and ahh over. A drop dead gorgeous hedgehog with a new yarn from Stylecraft, with the promise of Owls to come.
I do believe that I may be driving over again before Tuesday to have another look.

My cardigan just needs the buttons and I got them today,


I am very pleased with the end result, I have almost 2 full balls of yarn left so bought 2 more. I intend to knit it again in a size smaller for Fran.


These are the buttons, they have a mother of pearl type finish and are more purple than they look here.


The back, I just love the patterns.

I have started a jumper in chunky yarn and although I haven't done much yet, told you it was nattery this afternoon, I am already itching to wear it.




The back, on a fancy pants circular needles.


They are Knit Pro interchangeable and I am loving knitting on them. I will be adding more sizes as I need them.
I had a delivery of some bag zips this morning, I want to use them on the large zippered pouches.


The tape is a bit wider than on clothes zips so I can sew them on to quilted pieces with the walking foot rather than changing to the zipper foot. They also have a large hole in the pull tab, that means that I can add a chunky zip pull.

It is still raining, just stopping every now and then to hammer down, well it is Wales after all. I really don't mind, there is always something to keep me busy.
 The oven timer just pinged so I must dash.



                          TTFN                                 Pam


18 comments:

  1. I love the colours in your cardigan Pam.
    Glad you had a good time at Knit and Natter-x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I not have fun, surrounded by yarn and other knitters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam, I'm finally here to read backwards through your blog catching up! Love the cardigan, I'm sure I've some of that wool and the HG is buying me some of those posh interchangeable needles for my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still not sure about the needles, it is a long time since I used circulars, I am also convinced that the locking mechanism will fail after a while.

      Delete
  4. I had to laugh at your rain stopping to hammer down. We have had all types of rain here this week. Next week looks better though. Oh wait, it is summer after all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cardigan is lovely isn't it! Glad you had a fun time at knit and natter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the cardigan but it is too big really.

      Delete
  6. Your cardigan is lovely! And I love a good knit and natter 😀. I am interested to know where you got your zips from. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the zips online at Jaycotts, they are very reasonable.

      Delete
  7. Sounds wonderful, our local shop recently closed so the group disappeared too. Such a shame a lot of local shops continue to close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in Ammanford this afternoon and the greengrocers and a butchers have closed down in the last couple of weeks.

      Delete
  8. It's great when you're on a roll, isn't it. I didn't know they made special zips like the ones you have. Love the bright colours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only ordered a few to check them out, I will probably get a couple of dozen.

      Delete
  9. Oh Pam, I can't imaging being talented enough to knit a sweater! It's beautiful! Sure wish I had learned to knit and crochet back many years ago. My aunt Berlie tried to teach me once but my being left handed, confused us both. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been knitting since before I started school, all the women and some of the men in the family knitted.

      Delete
  10. Those needles are so good - I'm really really hoping for some for my birthday next week! I wonder if they'd let me knit as fast as you Pam! I might get summat finished!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.