Followers

Sunday 12 June 2016

Jealous, not on your nelly.

The other evening I was knitting away and trawling through the telly for some "chewing gum for the brain" watching. I found a program about luxury holidays, you know the sort that I mean Far beyond £how bloody much. More in the realm of monopoly money, £1,000 a night as a starting rate.
There was a couple featured on a Caribbean cruise, this was 7 day holiday but they were booked for 21. It was also almost the 100th time for them. 
They regarded the crew as their close friends, almost family. The couple had built up and run their own business,s before retiring early with oodles of money.
At one point he said that once they were too old to do this "travelling" they would have their memories, he also expected this to happen prematurely as they both drank too much.

I found it all very sad, they never had children as she did not fancy it. It seemed as though they were splashing the cash to fill a void in their lives.

Their was another couple, farmers, who worked 7 days a week for 50 weeks and then went to the same resort on Jamaica for the other 2. They just chilled out and did as little as possible at £1200 per night, on this occasion they took their daughter with them.

Yes they probably needed a good break and yes it all looked very lovely. But to loll around for 14 days in the heat doing nothing In The Same Place every year. B O R I N G . To me at least.

I have had some wonderful holidays in Yorkshire, Hampshire, Wales, Norfolk, Spain, Malta and even Australia. I could not return to the same place frequently as it would become as ordinary as being at home.

It is a good job that we are all different, at least the employees were loving it. They all went out on a regular basis to check out the places and make special arrangements for their clients. 

I am happy with my life, I have enough for my needs and some for my wants. I have friends on the doorstep and a bit further away, and of course there are James, Cerys and the grands along with Francesca.
I have my knitting, crochet and sewing, I would like an all singing all dancing quilting machine but WILL not afford it. I can do all that I want to with the machines that I have.

Now I am going to drink my tea and have a wander round the garden, we had a nice little bit of rain overnight and all is looking extra bright in the sunshine.


                      TTFN                                                     Pam.

PS I completely blitzed the sewing room this morning looking for my Pellon shape flex, only to find the last little scrap. DUH!
Still all is clean and tidy and more has been ordered.

And I weighed in to find that I have lost 5Kg, that is a third of what I want and need to lose.

17 comments:

  1. I agree with you Pam about the holidays. Variety is the spice of life. We've been to many countries over the years and there was only Spain we've been to more than once and that was because our daughter was learning Spanish and needed real Spaniards to practise on. Lol. We've also travelled around England with my husband coming from Hampshire and I was born in Yorkshire, living in Northamptonshire, Devon and now Wales. It's best to spread your wings and see how things differ from country to country and even county to county. Broaden your mind and horizons is my opinion.

    Joan (Wales)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a great deal to see in Wales and am not going to rush it. The more that I see of what is happening in the rest of the world the less inclined I am to go there.

      Delete
  2. A luxury holiday would be an absolute nightmare to me Pam. Give me a few days in a caravan or five days in New York and I am a happy bunny.
    Well done on the weight loss. I have lost another couple of pounds.......go us:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not do New York, I hate crowded places. Modern caravans are all on the luxury side these days. After all you just need somewhere to sleep and make tea first thing.

      Delete
  3. I don't think I could splash the cash even if I had it! Congrats on your weight loss. Go girl!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I could splash it but not on those things.

      Delete
  4. I couldn't go on a cruise, it would feel like a prison. I have read that some people live all the year round on a cruise ship, and pay for it. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been on one, I don't like to be confined and hate crowds. I am not over keen on large hotels, we used to look for smaller ones, around 10 rooms.

      Delete
  5. Amen on that! I love being home and always have some project I would love to start on. Think of the things we could buy for the garden with all that money spent on traveling. I've never wanted to go on a cruise, or do a lot of flying. I like my feet planted firmly on the ground!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy in my home and garden, days out are exploring Wales. I will look at going further north at some point and that will mean staying overnight.

      Delete
  6. I like to go to Las Vegas 2 times a year when it's not hot. It's only 300 miles away. I also love to go up to the Sierra Nevada mountains and go to Yosemite National Park and over to Mammoth on the eastern side. There is so much to see in this state. I've driven all over the US and found astonishing little places that caught our attention. I've been to Canada, Britain, France, Italy and Greece. And as far west as Guam. We're looking at new travel trailers (caravans) and maybe after our new car is paid for, we'll get one.
    My daughter, on the other hand, loves cruises. She's done 2 Disney ones and had an 18 day one down the Pacific Coast through the Panama Canal and into Central America. She got school credit for that one.
    Enjoy your good weather, congrats on the weight loss and hug the dog for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love my holidays, planning and even the flights but now I am much more inclined to stay at home.

      Delete
  7. I love what you write about being content with your life and having few needs...that describes me perfectly. I think we all need to be content with less :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am content, I just don't want to be fat and happy. Fit and happy is better, and it is getting closer.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on your weight loss, sadly I seem to be creeping back up its time I made a little effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the hot weather to thank, I stopped cooking much and it was salad and fruit all the way. The last week has seen me eating hardly any meat or fish but I am still eating dairy, just not as much.

      Delete
  9. The only cruises I've been on have been round Windermere and up the Thames! Oh I can count Dudley Canal too now! How vair exotic! Well done on the 5Kg, that's fantastic X

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.