Followers

Sunday 5 June 2016

Sunday Snapshots

I got myself outside nice and early this morning, camera in hand and whizzed round the garden taking some photos to go with yesterdays post.


The white hollyhock, a keeper.


Fuchsia Angela, I took 6 cuttings and all thrived, 3 were gifted.


My uneven lilies, strangely enough the other pots have put on a growth spurt and all are just about even.






A few of the roses getting ready to flood the garden with their perfume.


This will be a froth of pink very soon.


A while ago I mentioned the Snow on the Mountains that was a big feature of my Grannies garden. Well now I have some of my own.


I found a bag of whizzened daff bulbs and planted them in a pot, weeks after they should have been. Most flowered a few weeks later than the ones planted correctly. These 2 popped up a couple of days ago.


My quilt backing fabrics, ditsy lilac flowers, blue chambray and a black on cream dot. I have ordered more of the dot as it will be perfect for binding. All these are 44" wide 100%  pure cotton and £3.30 a metre.



These are the same quality and will possibly become dresses.


Last but not least my sleeves are almost at the point of finishing the increases. This yarn is the first that I have been able to use in the summer. It does not make my hands sticky at all.

I plan on a little gentle gardening this morning and maybe some sewing later. Dinner will be Lasagna with salad, I haven't made it for ages, a change from a roast. There may be a pudding, if I can be bothered otherwise I have fresh fruit.

Enjoy your day where ever you are.
     
                 TTFN                                                  Pam 

15 comments:

  1. Have fun what every you do, we are half way through building my greenhouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That task is not always as straightforward as you would think. I have had a few sweary moments over the years with various greenhouses. I wish you luck.

      Delete
  2. Our garden is starting to look nice now. I am eagerly awaiting the opening of the first flower on the new pale pink peony I planted last year. There is only one bud but I am very excited-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 2 young Peonies from last year, one has 2 buds on the other is just leaves. I have them growing through plant supports as it is quite windy at times, also wen they die down I will know exactly where they are.

      Delete
  3. Your flowers are looking gorgeous, Pam, and the fabrics are lovely too. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flowers, love the fabrics.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My roses are looking better every day, I am looking forward to see the peonies open.

      Delete
  5. I love it when the flowers stat to burst forth, our roses are starting to open love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hung my washing out this morning and all I could smell was the yellow rose.

      Delete
  6. I LOVE the colour of that last rose, Pam! And your hollyhocks - ours have seeded this year all over the place but not yet in flower. The foxgloves and the lupins are also all over the place though - I love them! I've been "of-line" for about a month so not read or posted and blogs for that time, but am back now and catching up! I see you have had the best of the weather over half ten - pretty miserable over here last week but GLORIOUS today! Lxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that the weather is being kinder to you now Lynne, I have almost 2 days of catch up reading now.

      Delete
  7. Love your garden, the hollyhocks are so pretty. Your garden will be smelling gorgeous, I've been asking hubby about a climbing rose for the garden xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be careful with your choice, some of them would cover a 6 story building, and not all of them are scented.

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous flowery Mrs X thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.