Followers

Monday 29 August 2016

What happened to Sunday

Oh yes, it was rained off. There were a couple of very hot sunny spells but the rest of the time it hammered down. My little bit of lawn looks like the green slime on top of a bog, you can see the surface water glinting in the sunlight.

Francesca has been over for the weekend but stayed in Cardigan this time, It was Kaitlyn's birthday party on Saturday and having Leo to look after meant that Cerys needed all the help she could get.
I drove over to Carmarthen station this morning to see her off home, it was a lovely drive. I went via Llandeilo and the A40,  the sun was shining and there was very little traffic. In fact there were more cars milling around the village than there were on the A40.
I was a little early but had this to keep me occupied while I waited.


This is the No-Fuss Shade-loving shawl by Susan Ashcroft, a free pattern on Ravelry. The pattern gives direction for a chunky yarn but I am using Stylecraft Special Effects DK in Foxglove. I bought this to make another Shawl Linus but changed my mind. This will be a gift for Francesca, she has a walk from home to tube and then from tube to work, for the cold weather commuting.



I am using the little tennis playing bunny progress marker, as you can see I only managed a few rows whilst waiting.



Ben has had a bath and was just taking a breather from rampaging through the house, he seems to soak up energy along with his special shampoo. That green bed belongs under the Horn sewing cabinet.
Perhaps I should give it a try, not sure that I could stay in the bath for 5 minutes while it soaked in though.

Dinner will be a fridge bottom pasta sauce, with a pile of salad. It is far too nice to be cooking. I am now off to take my knitting out into the garden. Once I have made a brew of course.

I hope that you are all enjoying the bank holiday, whether out and about or chilling at home. To those who have to work, my commiserations, been there, done that.

                        TTFN                                             Pam.


6 comments:

  1. Awwww look at Ben.........he's all fluffy and gorgeous.
    The colours in your shawl are beautiful....is that one of those wools that knits it's own stripes or are you having to change colours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a self striping yarn,100% acrylic and great to work with, either knitting or crochet. I dare not use anything else for Fran, she bungs everything in the washing machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how the shawl is turning out.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surprisingly the weather was sunny here both yesterday and Sunday. The shawl looks lovely Pam. I'm going to practise with a DK version before I start my lace one so I shall look out for that pattern. Ben looks so sweet after his bath - butter wouldn't melt and all that! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot imagine Ben rampaging anywhere!! He looks far too angelic! I love self patterning wool. I've just bought a load more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ben is adorable. I love the yarn you are using for that shawl.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.