Followers

Tuesday 11 February 2014

Is it a plane? Is it a bird? Nope, it's a flying visit. boom boom

Hi de Hi, I have been very busy today, I took Ben and  Greg out for 2 swims walks this morning and then a proper walk in the sunshine later. I made bread, soup and a tub of pastry mix. Sewed the rest of my 9 patch blocks and cut out the first wave of sashing strips. I made and drank several cups of tea, with and without shortbread.
I popped in to say welcome to a new follower, Liz from Shortbread & Ginger, lovely to have you on board.
I 'fess up to spending a fair while reading a new blog from the beginning. I had a quick look at some of the "Grow your blog" participants and found a few to follow. Today I read through all the posts by Janine Avery at Simple Things, go and have a look, great photos of days out, gardens lots of things, her beautiful children and one of the cutest dogs ever, there is one shot of him curled up in a basket of clean linen!
I did wash up twice, the kitchen has been "put away" and  the tray set for my early morning tea. Ben has been fed and is now getting ready for a quick trip down the street. 

Reasons to be grateful.

This is a cheat really as I am going to put all of these as number 1.

My health and strength, the ability to craft and cook as much as I please, the fact that I (now) walk as far as I like pain free, my ability to come and go as I please. I had an accident at work a while ago that could have left me unable to list any of these.

If you visit Simple things you will understand this post.

I am off to walk Ben now and then crack on with some sewing.

                TTFN                                             Pam.








6 comments:

  1. You have been busy, as always. Lovely that you are now pain free and can do all those things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is wonderful, until it was gone I did not realise how much the pain had ruled my life. I am so looking forward to the spring and summer in my garden.

      Delete
  2. Hi Pam ... thank you for introducing me to Simple Things !
    And, your frugal meals posts are much appreciated and inspirational.
    My husband and I are living on one income now and can use all the good ideas we can get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many good sources of economic cooking in blog land, Frugal Queen, A Girl called Jack, Mortgage Free in 3, the Frugal nit wit to name a few. If you trawl through my blog list you will find several. I was really pleased to find Simple Things, anyone who can learn to crochet is a star in my eyes.

      Delete
  3. Bookmarked Simple Things and will go back to read later. Enjoy your sewing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy your visit as much as I will my sewing.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.