Followers

Monday 14 January 2019

A fail...and a win

The fail is my absence from here, I have no reason, I just became immersed in the general day to day stuff and the time slithered through my fingers.
I did go to Llandeilo on Saturday. I popped in to the yarn shop and had a catch up with Chrissie, I did squeeze some WYS yarn BUT I resisted temptation. I am still determined to knit from stash.

It is a good thing that I live a good drive from Cardiff, otherwise my self imposed rule would have become dust.
I have recently discovered a new to me podcast or vlog. YarnNYarns hosted by the lovely Angela. She has owned the shop, which goes by the same name, for a couple of years and I am watching from the beginning.

Her shop is in Penarth and once the weather warms up a bit I will be venturing down to have a look see. We will make a day of it, take the dogs and a picnic, and have a good look round.

I am hoping that by then I will have made a decent enough dent in the stash that a few additions can be purchased. In the meantime I will make do with Facebook and Instagram. 

I have finished all the blocks for the Karma Chameleon Quilt, I just have to trim them all to size, that is a job for the morrow.

I have finished the socks for L, there are 2 pairs to post off to her. I dug into stash and pulled out some light chunky (?) yarn for cowls and hats for the SO and myself. I am selfish enough that mine are done and being worn. I made the cowl quite narrow and tall, it stands up so that I can bury the lower half of my face inside it. I am thinking of lining it with some brushed cotton, that would help stop the wind whistling through it. My set have 2 x 2 rib and stocking stitch, the SO,s will be in garter stitch for a thicker fabric. The cowl is on the needles and growing apace. The yarn I have used is Lakeland, a really soft and squishy blend that was sadly discontinued a good while ago.
I have enough in a third colourway to make a set for Francesca, that will be a start on her birthday gift.

I am cooking from the freezer and pantry, I did a small shop for fresh things and restocked tinned tomatoes. There will not be a big shop for a few weeks yet, I am avoiding the best bargain finding times. I do not need to put myself in the way of temptation.

Dinner tonight is a pasta and fish bake, some cod fillets and king prawns that were reduced to pennies just before Christmas. I made  a gratin topping with the last crust off the loaf, a little bit of cheddar grated and a handful of seeds.
On that note the oven timer has just gone off so I am off to get it plated up. 

                       TTFN                                     Pam



4 comments:

  1. We are also eating out of the freezer and store cupboard so that I can defrost it and check the dates on the store foods. Your dinner sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam, I used to live in the Vale of Glamorgan and only about 15 minutes from Penarth. Lovely small seaside town. We moved away three years ago now. The shop is now under new management but whenI lived there it was a bit hit and miss with opening times. I hope the new owner makes a real successs of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss your blog when you don't post! What a great idea putting seeds in with the crust topping - am going to try that, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's that time of year when we all cosy up and get on with things and other stuff gets left. You resisted WYS ??? well done.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.