Followers

Monday 7 January 2019

Whats it called?

Sew, press, trim. repeat as required (or time permits). 
Once the dogs had been walked, and towelled dry, that was my day.
I dug out the Karma Chameleon quilt blocks but having added 3 more strips to each I am tempted to change the name. There are so many last pieces of much loved fabrics in there that perhaps it should be called The End.
No, too silly. Plus I like the original name. There are 30 blocks and they will become a 5 x 6 layout quilt. There may have to be borders as I am galloping through the bin of larger scraps and strips. I have no intention of cutting from yardage as there are plenty of smaller scraps and short strips. I do like a piano keyboard border so that is a possibility.
There are plenty of charm squares and they can be cut to make 21/2" x 5" strips if needed.

I do have the blocks made for a Tumbling Charms Quilt, an old design from Jenny Doan, it will be the 4th quilt in that layout.
There is a huge stack of random sized pieces that were given to me last year and I have a plan.
I saw Darlene Michaud make a scrappy quilt using just such scraps, along with solid yardage cut into strips, on her You Tube channel recently. The finished top was just my cup of tea, yes please black with no sugar, and I have bought some more solid yardage. 
Don't shoot me I know that I shouldn't be buying more fabric. The only solid that I had in any quantity are red and white, I now have blue, dark lilac and light green. I do have some tone on tone that read as solids but will only use them if it is essential.

Those three should keep me occupied for a while.

It has been raining here all day, Ben doesn't care a bit but Herbie hates wearing his coat. The minute that he sees me touch it he is off to hide under the coffee table or behind a sofa. Then he wriggles and squirms like a bag of snakes while I try to pour him into it. I say pour because he seems to be able to turn his bones into liquid making him as floppy as a half set jelly.
It's all fun here.

Dinner tonight is a tweaked recipe from my Nisha Katona book The Spice Tree. I am using a blend of 2 recipes to use lots of bits of veg up. I have them all prepped, the big wok is ready and all the spices, whole and ground are measured out ready. I have some frozen peas for a little sweetness and a load of Edamame beans for added protein. 

Now I have just seen the time so I am off to sling hash.

                           TTFN                               Pam

9 comments:

  1. Pam I love your blog. My sister's name is Pam but she is not quite as interesting as you. I love to quilt and enjoy hear about your projects. I don't know it you craft but I have a give away on my blog Retired and taking it one day at a time. It is a garmet setter tool and some garmets. If you know of anyone that would like them have them go to my blog and leave a comment. thanks Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there, I have popped over for a visit and will be back for a long read later.

      Delete
  2. Would like a drop of rain here, been dry for weeks, anything other than horrible grey days we are having.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the cold dry days that we had, lots of walks with and without the dogs. When it is wet I find very little pleasure in walking.

      Delete
  3. Hi Pam,

    I'm a quilter, too, and am also in the process of making a piano key border for an autumn wall quilt I've made. The pattern is for the Over and Under quilt in Kim Brackett's book "Scrap Basket Sensations". I made the quilt half size by making the blocks smaller and the piano key border will be my own addition.

    Have you ever thought of adding a place on your blog where you can show photos of your quilts?

    Isn't quilting just too much fun?!

    Wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Barbara Anne, I do usually put photos up but am without a camera right now. My old and trusty died on me and I have not had the time to go out to find another yet. I may have to have a look for that book. I often make a strip from the quilt front fabrics and insert it into the backing.

      Delete
  4. Ohhh, your quilts sound lovely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All that lovely sewing. I am raring to get going on something now but first I need to make a pattern.

    Oh that did make me laugh....Herbie being as floppy as a half set jelly. Bless him.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  6. No rain here, its a beautiful sunny day and I've just got back from a walk to the post office.
    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.