Followers

Monday 21 January 2019

Monday, Monday

So good for me.
I have been knitting all weekend and currently have knitted almost 1200 grams of chunky yarn from stash this year. Plus the 2 pairs of socks for L.
This week is is the turn for fabric. This morning I have pulled 7 fabrics from stash to make a couple of wall hangings, 1 for me and 1 to gift.
They are all pressed and ready to cut and start sewing. That will be my play after lunch.
My quilt will be layered and pinned later, I am regarding that as a reward for sewing more from stash. Next to getting the last stitches in the binding, pinning is my new favourite part of quilting. Probably because it means that I am almost at the finishing line.

The dogs have had their walks and all of my chores are done. I was hoping to peg out this morning but a light mist has crept in over the mountain. I will check again after lunch, even a couple of hours outside makes it all smell so much fresher.

The new French press, along with the French Blend coffee is proving a success, it is also a much more reasonable cost than I anticipated. For much the same cost as a jar of my favourite instant I can make 3 brews a day, this is more coffee than I was drinking but much, much less than the SO was. Out of each brew he has 2 cups to my 1 and we are both happy with that.

Dinner last night was from my batch cook of meat ragu, we had it over steamed greens as neither of us was hungry enough for pasta.
Tonight I will be making a cheese "pasta" gratin, there will be as much veg as pasta and the gratin will be of wholemeal bread cubes with a selection of seeds and nuts. W will have a serving for his dinner as well.

That is all for today, nothing much is happening here, life ticks on as usual and I am content with that.

It is nice to see the daylight hours gradually pulling out, I have had sufficient dark mornings and early onset evenings now. 

Thank you for all your comments on my last post, Monday wash day and Sunday baking day are among my first memories. My Granny was either in a cloud of flour or steam.

                                     TTFN                         Pam

4 comments:

  1. I do so love hand binding quilts and it won't be too long before I will have three waiting for just that job.....hopefully on a snowy day with a cup of tea to hand.
    I really must try having ragu sauce over steamed greens instead of pasta. It sounds really tasty.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes for a much lighter dinner, I don't always want a big mealbut still want to feel that I am eating a proper dinner.

      Delete
  2. The ragu sauce over greens sound very interesting. What type of greens do you use?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use whatever i have to hand, this time it was a dark Savoy cabbage. Kale is good and I have used red cabbage a few times.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.