Followers

Monday 8 April 2019

Who turned the sun off?

It is warm here but dismal with fine moisture hanging in the air, the dogs do not mind. They have had their 2 morning walks and are now curled up on the sofa, snoring one against the other.

I had a little session with my drop spindle this morning, it did not get looked at yesterday, it seems to be going well and then Oo-er, the fibre breaks or I get a bump. I do not mind, it is all part of the learning curve. And it is fun, the dogs are mesmerized by it. Herbie moves so that he can watch every move and scarcely breathes he is concentrating so hard. If he had opposable thumbs I think he would be spinning as well.



I almost forgot to add the pics of my first spinning and plying. 35 grams worth, I did not measure the yardage, I may open it up to do so but am not really worried about that.




We spend a good part of yesterday in the garden, interspersed with dog walking, Ben was insistent a few times that he really really needed to walk. Herbie just went with the flow, I do have to take him out on his own as Ben,s pace is nowhere near fast enough for him.

I have no idea what to do for dinner tonight, I have a meal plan but can raise no enthusiasm for anything upon it. The SO is no help as he just says, "I don't mind, what do you fancy". I will have to focus my mind a bit or just make the first meal on the plan.

I have a yen to sew later, something simple, so perhaps some crumb blocks or just chain piecing squares together.
I have a couple of white towels in the "use it up" box so I may make some cleaning cloths for the kitchen. I like to use them in place of kitchen towel for everything, I would not drain fried food on them but then I hardly fry anything now. I suppose the only things are my lentil pancakes and I just use a small spray of Fry Light so nothing really to drain.

I did my walk with Leslie this morning, 2 miles today, it really sets me up for the day. I may squeeze in another mile later, time and spinning permitting.

Now I am in need of a cuppa, Assam I think, it makes a good hearty cuppa, full of flavour without too much tannin.


                            TTFN                              Pam

9 comments:

  1. The dogs are so funny aren't they. Betty is out in the garden with daddy, itching to 'help' him with laying the patio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ben treats it all with disdain, he will toddle up and have a look then turn tail to find a sunny spot to have a snooze. Herbie, on the other hand, thinks that he is the foreman and wants to be in the thick of whatever is going on.

      Delete
  2. I am glad to see you are enjoying spinning. I can see you sitting at a wheel spinning very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Th single reason that a wheel has not been purchased is that I really want to talk to some spinners. What I think is ideal may prove to be an expensive mistake, the sun is shining and I will be off to the group this afternoon.

      Delete
  3. Your spindle wool is beautiful ...well done ..I can spin on my wheel but never tried a spindle . Oh The "fine moisture hanging in the air " we call it "mizzle " down here in Cornwall ....we get a lot of that here too .We need a bit of rain to water my newly planted peas, broadbeans and onion sets to settle them in. Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I call it Mizzle or sometimes Grizzle. It is still too chilly at night here to plant much out in the garden but i have lots coming on under glass. What wheel do use?

      Delete
  4. the spinning looks great, I never mastered the art of a drop spindle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am doing this really to practice the drafting, I haven't touched to today as I want to take an empty spindle with me to the group.

      Delete
  5. Your first attempts at spinning look really good.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.