Followers

Friday 17 May 2019

Just troshin along.

Yisty wus a rummun, hot then cold, my cardie was off 'n on more than the Brexit deals.
(Norfolk dialect for yesterday was strange) I often find myself slipping into my childhood speech when stressed or tired. I asked for help in a shop and the person "giv me a loadda ole squit" he had no idea what stock was available and gave me a load of nonsense to cover up his ignorance. 
I was in a hurry and it made me suffen savage (angry)

Enough of that , I am neither stressed or tired this morning.

The large blocks have all been squared up and set out ready to start sewing together. When I say squared I mean just that, I have not trimmed them all to exactly the same size, there is up to an inch variation. The charms were not all 5", some were smaller, some larger and as this was always a stash buster project I left them so. I did not want to take the time to get them perfect it would have meant more waste than I am comfortable with. It does mean that my points do not all line up shock horror but that bothers me not a jot.
I like the original ethics of patchwork and quilting, to use up every scrap of fabric and waste nothing. All the sliver trimmings will become stuffing for something, pincushions, toys, Christmas tree decoration, and so on.
I hope to get the rows together today, I will need to go out later but there will be no gardening. The weather has turned cool and damp, I can almost hear the plants sighing with relief after the dry heat of the past few days, I like it but the plants not so much.

I have not managed to locate any Tahini close so will be making my own, I do not know why I did not think to do so earlier. I may mix it up a bit and try adding another seed as well. I have a few recipes that call for Date Molasses, I checked the price and nearly burnt my fingers off. I have a recipe for that also, I think that I will go the whole hog and make as many of my condiments as I can find recipes for. I love almond butter but have to travel to get it, not any more. I can get almonds easily and it is as simple as peanut butter to make.

Tonight we are having a Tahini mushroom sauce over pasta or a jacket potato, I have not decided yet, I may well add some cauliflower to the mix as I think they go well together. There is a chance that some chickpeas may slip into the mix as well.

Yesterdays curry was very tasty and we ate the lot, no leftovers for lunch. I have some single servings of many dishes tucked away in the freezer so will dig one of those out. It is handy to freeze things that way as sometimes we cannot decide what to have so I just grab 2 different meals out and we share.

The time is slipping away and I have chores to do, and Herbie needs his second walk. He is cwtched up to Ben on the sofa but has one eye on me, waiting for the signal.

                                 TTFN                     Pam


10 comments:

  1. Your comments made me think of my mum, she lived all her lifein Somerset, and would often be heard mummbling something we could not understand. The old way of speaking should be kept alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both my grandparents used the local dialect and in my Dad's home village some conversations were like gibberish if you did not know the language. Incomers had a hard time of it as they could not join in general chat in the shop, the vicar was born locally so church services were interesting, to say the least.

      Delete
  2. You are very busy and now adding your own condiment making to the mix. I am amazed.

    Enjoy your walk with Herbie.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is that or pay through the nose for everything and then add postage on top. My Tahini is wonderful and the date honey, well I could drink it from the jar.

      Delete
  3. Our weather is the same today Pam...one minute sunny and warm and the next minute grey and wet. My cardi is going dizzy with all the offing and oning....lol.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is much more settled today, warm and a little muggy. If the rain holds off I will be in the garden later.

      Delete
  4. More of your Norfolk dialect please. I was howling at suffen savage ! The dog will let you know when it time for a walk. ( just don't look him in the eyes, haha. )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now hold you hard, I dussent use a gret ole lot, in carse you all think I've had too much jolliferceartions, and I hint.

      Delete
  5. Hello Pam,
    I still use my patchwork quilt you send me everyday. It's currently on my bed as the nights can be cooler at random and your quilt is just right! I love it as much as the day I received it x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.