Followers

Saturday 11 May 2019

Sewing through the pain.

I have had a look at the bruise in the mirror, Oh Wow, no wonder it hurts. I feel so fortunate that it is only a bruise, the thought of a broken hip gives me the judders.


This is in soft focus and is a reflection that has been heavily cropped, my cellulite is not for general viewing. It is very dark and bold in the flesh. Pun not intended. 

I have been cutting, sewing and trimming for the Pink Quilt,


Here are some of the 5" charms, I will not need them all for this quilt but any spare will go into the box of charms ready for the next one.



This is how the layout looks, I will be adding a narrow solid pink inner border and then a wider floral border once the body has been completed. Backing and binding are still undecided, I like to see the finished top before I make my mind up.

I have finished sewing for the day and am off into the garden. The weather is far too nice to stay in. I will not sew in the evening as it is far too antisocial, it will be knitting time. I have picked up the stitches for the afterthought heels on the current pair of socks and plan on getting those finished tonight.

I will be making Pizza for dinner, I am going to try out the 2 ingredient dough that I have seen on a few videos. Self Raising flour and low fat Greek yogurt, I will let you know how it turns out.
Once again I will be adding pineapple to the topping as I picked up a fresh one yesterday in Tesco. They were on offer and cheaper than a tin and fresh fruit is so much nicer. I may go in next time I am out and about to buy some to freeze.

Right, the outside is calling so I bid you all bye bye, have a good weekend all.

                                TTFN                            Pam

14 comments:

  1. Ouch! Small wonder it was so painful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It continues to hurt but is bearable.

      Delete
  2. Oh Pam, that looks so nasty, no wonder you're so sore. Please, please take it easy.

    And THANK YOU!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am quite happy moving about, sitting down and then getting up again are the things that hurt.

      Delete
  3. That is one large bruise! Hope that you start to feel less pain very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As it fades so will the pain, I hope.

      Delete
  4. Good grief Pam that looks nasty.
    Gorgeous layout on your quilt.
    Enjoy your knitting.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am surprised that it was not worse. I have used the quilt pattern many times now, it really shows off the fabrics.

      Delete
  5. My goodness that bruise looks painful. You are very lucky nothing was broken. Sooze is just thrilled with her new blanket. That was so kind and thoughtful of you. She definitely needed something like that to cheer her up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I count myself very fortunate, a break that high would have been tricky at any age.

      Delete
  6. That's a pretty spectacular bruise Pam.. Take it easy Mrs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am cherry picking my tasks but am not in severe pain, just very stiff.

      Delete
  7. Having a catch up read after a week away at the seaside inn a caravan with no internet ...bliss! We did go to a craft fair where a lady was spinning and we had quite a chat about it, I thought of you and told her I knew a lady who just bought herself a wheel LOL
    Ouch ... poor you, that does look painful, (gentle hug)
    Are you enjoying Eleanor Oliphant? I thought it was a great read.
    Pretty gift for Francesca for the garden chair, lovely patchwork.
    It's nice to be in the garden enjoying the sunshine,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have started on the book and am trying to limit my reading time,I don,t want to rush through it but take the time to enjoy every chapter.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.