Followers

Tuesday 14 May 2019

Pass me that worm.

For I am an early bird.

Because sitting is still uncomfortable I spent most of yesterday moving around. I was busy in the house and garden and walking the dogs. I did some sewing but was backwards and forwards to the iron. My sewing chair, one of those office swivel things, is very comfy and I can sit there for some time before it hurts. I did sit to eat lunch and dinner but only for as long as it took.

By 8:30 I was falling asleep and threw in the towel at 9 and went to bed. Consequently I was up to see the dawn and overflowing with energy.


All the rows are sewn together, I just have to press the seams before joining them.
Because I can not chain stitch these, my preferred way of making anything, I pulled out a box of 5" charms, patterned and solid/reads like solid, pairing plain with pattern I sewed these between the pink block pairs and chain stitched to my hearts content.


I now have this stack of pairs, these have since been paired up to make 4 patch blocks.


There are plenty more charms to go at, this is just one box. In effect I am making 2 quilts at once, it is slowly eating the stash, very slowly.
I am not sure what the charms will become, perhaps a large quilt or maybe lap quilts. I have plenty of time to decide.

Now I am off to have a shower and get ready to start the day.

                           TTFN                                      Pam

10 comments:

  1. I was up with you seeing in the dawn this morning, Pam - my bladder insisted on me getting up and I didn't even bother going back to bed as I knew it would be futile trying to get back to sleep. It's a beautiful morning, isn't it? Enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My day is progressing nicely, lots of sewing and the odd cuppa in the garden.

      Delete
  2. I wish I could do the larger patchworks, I have made a few cushion size, and a couple shopping bag fronts, but I've never tried bigger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure that you would make a good job of anything that you tried. Why not try something a little bigger, a lap quilt or a sofa throw. There are lots of tutorials on QAYG and I am using that method more and more.

      Delete
  3. Sunny here too...just a very annoying chilly east breeze ! Lovely to see your patchwork coming along nicely . It will soon grow :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a stingy little breeze every now and then here. The sewing bug has bitten me badly this time so it is growing apace.

      Delete
  4. It has been a beautiful day here too, like you I woke early and got stuck in with the jobs straightaway. Hope you are feeling a little more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love seeing your quilting projects Pam. I'm just not in the mood at the moment as I have to clear the table for meals and I hate not being able to leave things out to go back to.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Up early as well today, though my early rising was due to not really getting a good sleep.

    Love the blocks and am looking forward to seeing the finished products.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Pam, where do I begin! I've just caught up by reading your posts back to where you fell down the stairs. What a terrible bruise, but so glad it is a bruise and not a broken hip. I have such a fear of breaking a hip, with this osteoporosis. Your sewing is so nice. I love the quilt squares! Take it easy. This gardening season is interfering with my blogging. :) Love, Henny

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.