Followers

Thursday 16 May 2019

That will be another worm for me.

Another early bird day, not quite so premature today though.

I was tired again last night but held out till 10, consequently I did not wake till almost 5. A real long sleep for me.

Anyhow, this is about my sewing, not my sleep pattern.


The pink quilt flimsy, not quite as wide as a double bed but this is for a young girl. It will drape nicely over a single bed and be a perfect size to wrap up in.



Did you notice the pile in the top left hand corner? Well this is it.
Enough of the same quilt blocks for another in soft blues and greens, I remember making them but thought that I had used them all in a gift quilt for L.

There is also a bag of the greens and blues waiting for the wide sashing strips, and I have plenty of those in the same white on white.

Now for the 4 patch blocks,


120 of those all waiting to be sliver trimmed where necessary.


A pile of extra charms, enough for another 12 blocks, I do not think that I will be needing them this time.

I have sewn 4 of the 4 patch blocks together and once trimmed they will give me a finished block 17 1/2" square, 5 across and 6 down will give me a good sized quilt and I just happen to have exactly the correct number to achieve that. I do not think that I will border this quilt as it would be just too long and wide. Also I do not have enough of a suitable colour and pattern fabric to make said border and this quilt is all about sewing the stash. I will be piecing the back, probably from the left over charms, some fat quarters and random sized bits.
Even though this is all from stash, and much of that was given to me, I have used a considerable amount of thread (not to mention all the pressing) and that is not cheap, I use a good quality thread that does not make shed or snarl and break at the blink of an eye. Every now and then Hobby craft have thread on special offer and I buy a box, I have white or cream and the saving is very good.

Now I have a load of threads and bits to vacuum up in the sewing room, I did not get around to that yesterday and I do not want to walk it through the house.

Our salad was really delicious last night, we had it with a fresh made seeded loaf ( a real doorstep crust which we shared). It is meant to be a little cooler today so it will be Turkey curry and rice tonight. Special request from the SO.

As I was up bright and early I have changed all the sofa throws and cushion covers and they now need pegging out.

                       TTFN                                          Pam

6 comments:

  1. A stunning quilt - lucky girl.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work. The colours go together beautifully.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky girl indeed, a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new pink quilt is so pretty. I love the green and blues, looking forward to seeing that when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt it going to be so appreciated by the young lady, what a super gift to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great result, what a lovely quilt, so pretty.
    I always make quilts to be used for snuggles, not so big they can only be left on a bed.So wonderful that your work and creativity will be loved and used not just put on a bed .
    Looking forward to seeing the next blue and green one finished.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.