Followers

Monday 13 May 2019

Not for the fainthearted.

Oh My Word, That,s a bigun.

My bruise has grown and is quite impressive,many a small boy would spend a few weeks bragging about one like it.


If it gets any bigger I will have to enter for a place in the Guiness book of records.

On a more productive note I am past the halfway mark of the pink quilt blocks, another day should see them all made and then the construction can begin.

I aim to spend an hour in my front garden later, the weeds need removing and a few plants want some extra ties. Sadly a few need trimming of the wind damage, our road is almost a wind tunnel and a couple of my plants suffered considerable amounts of damage.
The Hydrangeas need the dead flower heads removing, many of them were taken off by that wind so it will not be a long job.

All my jobs for today are done and I am feeling quite virtuous. In fact I feel that a tea break is in order. 
I made a version of one of Mary Berry,s cheesecake recipes yesterday, I used limes and lemon and it is sublime so I may just have a sliver of that.

Another hour of sewing and then outside for some weeding before getting dinner on the go. Tonight we are having Jacket potato with a spicy vegetable topping and some cheese sprinkled over the top, 10 minutes back in the oven and they will be crisp and bubbling and just right with a little salad.

                       TTFN                                        Pam

16 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness. At risk of sounding rude - that really is a biggie!!! Ouch.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how large those bruises grow over the course of their life. Yours is a dozy. Hope it isn't too painful still.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly it is just the stiffness that is annoying.

      Delete
  3. Bloody hell Pam, thats huge, take care, do you have any witch hazel, it's good, but don't use if skin is broken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Arnica, but I am out later and will have a look for witch hazel.

      Delete
  4. My goodness, what a bruise. Hope you are not in to much pain from it and that your recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too bad, nothing that I cannot cope with.

      Delete
  5. That is massive! Hope it's not as painful as it looks. It's a good job it's not somewhere visible, isn't it?! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I could always wear trousers and long sleeves and never wear short skirts or shorts.

      Delete
  6. Wow, that is a whopper, I hope it's not too painful. How is it that weeds seem to thrive in the same places that plants suffer damage, I think that's what you call Sod's Law!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weeds are the ultimate survivors, they are geared up to flower and set seed as quickly as they need in times of drought.

      Delete
  7. Golly gosh .... that's a beauty isn't it.
    Lemon and lime cheesecake sounds delicious... yummy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It not only sounds but is very delicious, I made it quite sharp just how we like it.

      Delete
  8. Good grief, that bruise is nasty! I'm amazed you are able to move about and do as much as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I take anti inflammatory pills and they have kept me mobile.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.