Followers

Tuesday 11 December 2018

Herbie the Hunter

Herbie has decided that the pom pom penguins are fair game, he has had 2 off the tree. 
He does not eat them, just steals them and scuttles off to one of the beds. En route he manages to lose an eye and/or the nose, he does not eat those either, thank goodness. He tries to do this when we are in the room. Never mind being a right little Herbert he is morphing into Dennis the Menace or Just William.

Now when we go out, or into another room, he has to come with us. I think it is just a step too far having all the desirable stuff  so close. Normally he if fine to be left, he will get on the sofa and sleep. even being left in the car is no problem, it just becomes another snooze opportunity.

He has been reprimanded and is on the sofa snuggled up to Ben.

Apart from that it has been an ordinary day, a pair of joggers has been made in this years Christmas fabric, my skirt has been made from the same fabric. I used the Hollyburn pattern, it is a firm favourite.

A few more rounds on the sticky socks but, once again, nothing done with the Advent socks.

No more gifts have been wrapped, the day has just slipped away from us.

I have watched a few Vlogmas episodes on You Tube and plan on catching a few more later.

Dinner tonight is a crustless quiche and is all  but ready to  be stuck in the oven.
I am so hungry that,in my Grans words "I could eat a scabby horse between 2 bakers carts."
I am also in danger of dropping off  to sleep mid bite. I do not know why I am so sleepy, perhaps it is chocolate deficiency.

No I am in dire need of a cuppa, I couldn't spit a sixpence if my life depended upon it.

                                 TTFN                                            Pam                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        




4 comments:

  1. How I long for the days when Smudge was a right little Herbert. He used to have us in fits with his cheekiness.
    Lamb chops, veggies and mint sauce for us tonight.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Ben used to be a live wire, now he is a couch potato. He still enjoys his walks though they are shorter and slower.

      Delete
  2. I do hope Herbies manners improve, not done to redecorate without permission.
    I have never heard that horse expression but one that had me in giggles was 'eat the bum out of a low flying duck '. My dad was British and we lived next door to his parents so I was raised on that sort of humour and the English way of speaking.
    Born an Aussie but friends say they can pick my voice out of a room full ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother has been in WA for 13 years now and is still very Norfolk, the nephews have taken on the local accent and sound like natives.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.