Followers

Tuesday 18 December 2018

Wet and Windy

I name this day, Terrific Tuesday. The rain is lashing down, the wind is driving all in its path, you know what that means.
Guilt Free Crafting.
In this case it is sewing, to be precise it is quilting, well it will be once the layers are pin basted together.



The glimpse of the top fabric is the backing, the bottom band is only in the backing, all the others are in the front. They have been part of the stash for some time now and almost every last scrap is in this quilt. Cue happy dance, a complete quilt from stash.
The binding is my go to cream with a tiny black polka dot, I bought metres of this a while ago from the Fabric Guild for next to nothing. 

Today is a bittersweet date for me, my sons birthday. I am glad to be busy sewing on something that I am loving. I do not mope about the place sobbing and tearing my hair, that is just not me. But it still hurts and undoubtedly always will.

Ben took one look at the weather and decided that the garden was as far as he was going to venture today. Herbie was very eager to get out there and burn off some energy so we wrapped up and went. We were not out for long, it is not really cold, my waterproof coat and boots did their job well. The wind did for me, at time the gusts lifted me onto my tip toes and my coat must have made me look like a schooner with the wind in its sails. Given the narrow pavements and the amount of traffic I felt that it was quite risky to go far, I really do not want tyre marks on any part of me.

The walk with Rufus is on hold, if the weather improves we will do it later but I am not holding much hope.

The scrappy sock have had a little work, I have put in the waste yarn to mark the afterthought heel. They will come out again this evening.

I have no plans for dinner as yet, possibly cauliflower and pasta in a sauce. Maybe a cauliflower and chickpea curry, it will be something quick and easy.

Now, there is work play to be enjoyed.

                          TTFN                                     Pam

9 comments:

  1. I don't know about your son (I'm not asking for information) but am sorry it's causing you pain today. Thank goodness you have your beautiful quilting to occupy you. I'm making dog food and baking this morning, crocheting this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are feeling a little blue today ....this wild weather doesn't help ...it is really wild down here in Cornwall too !! Yes,so keep warm and enjoy your quilting :)
    mmmmm.....what time is dinner ? Sending you a hug ! Debbie :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rain is not here yet, but it's really dull and blowing like made. Love your quilt, but the again I love most if what you make. The red knitting bag you sent me is in use every day, and the quilted bag us where I can see it, filled with some of my special things. Keeping you in my thoughts....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinging of you Pam. You think very much like me Pam.
    Your quilting is beautiful I am going to try and get back to mine next year.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you are hurting today Pam. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Pam, I did not realise you had suffered the death of one of your children. It’s a sign of your enduring strength that you have spent today doing something creative, made with love. Hugs from Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry Pam. I'm glad you can be happy about your quilting. Looks like it will be pretty, like everything you make! You made me laugh talking about the wind and rain. Tomorrow is our rainy day and Friday too. We have had so much rain lately, I've been afraid the house is going to float down into the pond. Hope not!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My thoughts are with you on such a sad day Pam, but good for you, concentrating on making something beautiful so you don't dwell too much on the past. I am about to go and do the binding on Gabby's quilt, and then BOTH are done and dusted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Having lost a stepdaughter and a granddaughter I feel your pain. It's a pain that never goes away but does become easier to manage, as I'm sure you know. Sending much love and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.