Followers

Monday 11 February 2019

Scrub a dub scrub.

The unexpected, but so so welcome sunshine, sparked a cleaning frenzy here. It was not just the sunshine but the warmth, too warm for hat and gloves when dog walking. Warm enough to dry the sofa quilts before lunch.

Image result for cartoon cleaner lady lots of this.

woman vacuum cleanerQuite a bit of this.

housewifeLoads of this, at least that is what it felt like.

Now I have to own up that the SO did the living room, including shampooing the carpet and polishing the leather sofas.

I went on my knees and scrubbed the bathroom and kitchen floors, it was not nice.
I use one of those spray mop things on both floors, daily, but as they have some texture there was plenty of trapped dirt. You couldn't see it on the floor but it soon showed up in the water.

Oh, The shame of it.
Not really.
It is clean now.

The sun and warmth dragged me out with Herbie and Ben for an extra little walk. Hah, Little ? said Ben. Think again.
He set the pace and we teamed up with another walker and an hour later we got home. It was a circular walk, one that Ben has not done for over a year. He plodded along with the occasional sprint and plenty of diving into the undergrowth for a little investigatory sniffing.
He is now curled up on his cushion, sound asleep. Herbie is doing much the same but he is curled up on the SO,s lap.

I just want to empty the cleaning cupboard, give it a wipe out and replace everything in an orderly fashion. some things will need replenishing before my next proper shop. The SO has an eye test in Neath on Wednesday so I will slip into Wilko,s then.

I do not have an arsenal of cleaning products but I am very low on white vinegar and there is only a handful of soda crystals left. I am certain to find more than one container with only a dribble left.

Tonight's dinner will be bacon wrapped Camembert, root vegetable "chips" and salad. a bit of a treat meal as we have been so busy.

I have made some alterations to the little slippers pattern, the first one is finished and I will show the pair tomorrow. It is not quite as I want it but a good start.

Now I am in dire need of a cuppa before hitting that cupboard.

                                 TTFN                     Pam

18 comments:

  1. Just a cuppa! I'd need a lie down in a dark room after all that! Your dinner tonight definitely sounds like a treat...bacon wrapped Camembert, oh yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good that I am going to try it with some Cambazola next time.

      Delete
  2. you are so busy...
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like to keep busy, even when sitting down.

      Delete
  3. Don't you just love a day you can fling open doors and windows and scrub. I do. Love everything smelling fresh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the house smells of fresh air and clean.

      Delete
  4. Far too energetic for a Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did take it slow, one upon a time it would have been all over by lunch time.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a good cleaning day! We just got through a few warm sunny days and it was a wonderful change. I got so much done. Now it is cold and raining again. Guess it can't be perfect every day. That cuppa sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is almost rain here today, a very heavy mist.

      Delete
  6. I have a steam floor mop, which I find fantastic, lifts all grime from the kitchen floor and is brilliant on our wooden floors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My neighbour W has one of those, I may have to borrow it and see how I get on.

      Delete
  7. You sure had a busy day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was such a lovely day here too. I even dried some washing on the line.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed the boat on drying washing outside yesterday as today we are back to rain. Think I'll join you with a cuppa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a wet day too, a very heavy mist that feels almost like rain.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.