Followers

Tuesday 5 February 2019

Sticking to plan, mostly.

So far this year I have made good progress on my "shop the stash" vow. I have sewn and knitted quite prolifically throughout January and for the first few days of February.

The Scatterby socks are off the needles and straight onto my feet.


I forgot to tell you that these are knitted in dk yarn, I found 2 random balls in a bag and decided that boot socks were just what the doctor ordered. They were cast off this morning, I could have done it last night but sleep won the day. They went straight onto my feet. Soak and block, not these ones baby. My feet were feeling the need and I have had them on all day. As they only took 80 grams I have cast another pair on in the same yarn, vanilla this time, I hope to have them off the needles before the weekend.

I sat down this morning, just for 10 minutes with a cuppa and wallop, there was a warm furry creature on my middle.


He was telling me that it was almost time for the second walk, the one with Rufus.

Francesca made a video call this afternoon, she was working from home, while having a tea break she decided to chat. She spotted my top down purple jumper and said how much she liked the colour and could it be knit with a cowl neck. Course it can, it just so happens that I have 46 grams plus 400 grams not started yet. I can not remember what I planned to knit with it but am more than happy to get 2 jumpers, the whole lot cost me just under £14 !! and I think that is why I bought the lot. It is King Cole fashion Aran 70% acrylic 30% wool so will be hard wearing and easily washed.
For everyday wearing that is a mega bargain in my book.
I will start with a provisional cast on and work the cowl neck last, that way I will not run out of yarn on the second sleeve. Top down, way to go.

On the subject of yarn, Winwick Mum is to have her own named yarn produced by WYS, I am on tenterhooks waiting for it to appear. I will be breaking my stash only vow BUT this will be for gift knitting. There will be 4 colourways (all available for a preview on her blog) and I predict that they will sell like hot cakes.
Soooo, the minute they hit the shops I will be after 2 of each, with some contrast for cuffs, heels and toes I will get at least 2 pairs from each 100 gram ball, and any leftovers will make scrappy socks. There will not be a smidgen left. I knit toe up 2 at a time so no danger of running out.If I think that I am using it too fast I will just make the cuff longer. I spotted some socks somewhere recently with only a couple of inches of stocking stitch and the rest was rib.

In fact I am thinking of contacting a yarn shop to ascertain whether they will be stocking it and if so I will order it there and then.  Better safe than sorry.

Dinner tonight is a very lazy sausage, egg,chips and beans. With bread so a chip butty is possible, nursery food really, just the job on this increasingly wet and grey day.

I am experimenting with a new bread recipe, I will let you know tomorrow how it turns out. There will be photos of the results, good or bad.


                              TTFN                             Pam




15 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with sausage egg and chips, just what I will be having tomorrow. Will be interested to here how the bread goes. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bread was okay but I will have another go or 2.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous socks, they are nice and thick being DK and look very comfy and cosy.
    Saw Christine's post about the new colourways she has designed, they are smashing aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely to wear, very warm. I have a couple of patterns ready for Christine's yarn, just in case I cannot convert hers into toe up.

      Delete
  3. That is my all time favourite meal. You just can't beat egg chips and beans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pattern on those socks is really nice. They look very cosy.
    Just before I read this I got a bag of sausage out of the freezer for tomorrow. I was going to do them with mash and veg but now I am fancying them with egg, chips and beans.....and I'm sure Ruby won't complain either.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you enjoyed yours as much as we did ours.

      Delete
  5. What is a chip butty? I wish I was a fast knitter like you!
    JoAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a sandwich with hot chips for the filling, it needs to be oozing butter, dripping vinegar and have a good sprinkle of salt.

      Delete
  6. Ohhh, I am always on the look out for another good bread recipe.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to ring the changes with our bread, just as I do with the meals.

      Delete
  7. Hi pam have you ever used aldi yarn if so what's you're thoughts carole

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look gorgeous Pam I think I will try a DK pair when I have finished the current ones. Off to look at Winwick Mum's yarn

    ReplyDelete
  9. No Carole, I do not have an Aldi store very near to me. There is a small one in Cross Hands but I have never seen any yarn in there. I am told that it is very soft to knit with and wear, my concern is that it may pill quite a lot if it is so soft.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.