Followers

Saturday 8 July 2017

Absolutely Awesome Aberglasney.


















Just a few of the photo's from yesterday, I will add some more during the week. It is a wonderful place and I will be going back in a few weeks to check more of it out and see what changes have happened.
There was work going on in a few areas and the gardens are growing and developing apace.
It was great to be with Chrissie as she knows the gardens well, at one point she was a volunteer there.
I did buy 2 plants, a Dianthus, Wessex Pink and a Syringa Red Pixie, both will go into the bed that the cherry tree came out of.

We have plans to put in an Apple and Pear walk along the path and that should be the rear garden completed. BUT there is more garden at the very top that has not been touched yet. It had been used as a midden and will need some serious attention in the Autumn, when the weeds have died back.
We did pull a load of rubbish out of there two years ago and claimed back about 12' and this year intend to get the rest cleared.

And now I am going to drink my coffee and get out into the garden.

Enjoy your weekend where ever you are.

                               TTFN                                    Pam

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. If you ever get the chance though, visit Powis Castle near Welshpool. Now THOSE are truly amazing gardens . . . and views.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that I could drive that far, maybe next year. My next port of call will be The Botanical Gardens.

      Delete
  2. Today I am going on a 14 garden tour here in Michigan. Eleven of the gardens are private residences. The proceeds from $20 ticket sales help support a local home for battered women and children. I will be a hostess at one of the gardens tomorrow a.m., so I got my ticket for free. I am taking my camera also, but don't have the computer skills to post any pictures. I haven't been to Wales yet, but everything looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the Garden Open scheme here, all listed in the famous Yellow Book. I have seen some splendid gardens through that.

      Delete
  3. Looks wonderful, you took us on a great tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It needs a professional to really show it off, but my snaps give an idea.

      Delete
  4. That looks a beautiful Pam-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is wonderful and the best thing about it is that it isn't spot on perfectly manicured. It is after all a very old garden that needed a full rescue job, that only started 18 years ago. Just a few minutes in garden time.

      Delete

I love to read comments so take the plunge and join the conversation.